Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are DR Government doing anything to help PR?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    For others who may not be able to offer refuge for no money - there is the regular site on Air BnB which certainly needs more listings from the Domincan Republic.

I can report that my nephew has used them for years and has been very happy with their service.
    Not avilable in Dominican republic

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday there was good news in that the Jones Act of the USA had been suspended in the case of Puerto Rico. The act said that only US ships with US crews could deliver to Puerto Rico, so that all help from the DR had to go first to the USA. Now aid can go direct to Puerto Rico which means we can send water and food to our neighbour and just hope the distribution process improves .

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Not avilable in Dominican republic
    My understanding is that AirBnB is available in the RD. Am I mistaken?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Yes, it is very available in DR, all over the country.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

5. Likes mountainannie liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the part for free acomodation as refugee, Im talking about that one.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not aware such existed.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not aware such existed.
    In the post there are 2 links, one is the normal rent and the other is a link to receive refugees in your house.

9. Likes mountainannie liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Willing to help.

As some of you have noted and expressed concern for our PR neighbors some very heart felt reactions.

Some bring up the commercial aspect that they are "human". My heart sinks at such "crap".

We in the D.R. are very lucky. TWICE! My wife and I have tried to help our friends in the PR via the Red Cross, Fema, CNN, Fox, our Reps from any where and NOT ONE RESPONSE AT ALL!

We have a 3 b/3b fully functional with all our own keep it going infrastructure and less then 10 mins. to a well equipped clinic. We are willing and invite a family unit of 12... or more to use it. We will adjust as needed. My wife and I will send a plane loaded with canned fruit to unload and bring people back to POP and get them back into ... we care mode.

But No One responds. Not one.

We are soo depressed that we can help and ask nothing but to help but...................... can not contact or get a response from anyone.

Anyone know of private planes from POP to San Juan?

11. Likes mountainannie, DRPAWA, Russell liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I was one of the first to sign up with them. Years ago now. As for any free rooms, I have no idea. Normally Airbnb sends me notices on their suggestions. I have seen nothing on that point.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling333 View Post
    Yesterday there was good news in that the Jones Act of the USA had been suspended in the case of Puerto Rico. The act said that only US ships with US crews could deliver to Puerto Rico, so that all help from the DR had to go first to the USA. Now aid can go direct to Puerto Rico which means we can send water and food to our neighbour and just hope the distribution process improves .
    there is a lot of confusion about the Jones Act - but if you actually read my post - I know I write excessively long posts
    you will find
    this

"Carlos C. Martinez Rivera "Even before today's amend to the law, there is regular traffic of goods from the DR to PR on the ferry. It is coming from the DR, but the company is based in Puerto Rico. I used it regularly to travel to and from both island, there is one boat that is a cruise and ferry, and a second boat that is just for cargo. The one that is for cargo has been in operation since at least two days supplying diesel, generators, and other emergency items needed to run buildings without electricity to Mayagüez and other western towns. The port in Mayagüez wasn't really damaged, but the offices and some building were. It needed the OK from Customs, USDA and ICE before it could receive cargo on the ferry, so It took a few days, but it has saved the west from collapsing."

14. Likes Kipling333 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast