Is this a tourist card ???

BillyRichards49

Mar 13, 2002
I am Scottish and wife and I will be visitiing DR next month. As she is not a British citizen, we had to apply in advance to the Embassy in London for a tourist card for her.

We received something back in the post, but it is very unclear if this is a tourist card or not. The reason I'm asking here is that the Embassy doesn't appear answer phone calls and there was no explaination at all along with the form.

What we received was a blank green form with a lot of writing in Spanish with boxes which look like we should fill them in.

There were two parts to the form with matching reference numbers (in red) so I would assume that this is a tourist card, and at the airport my wife will fill in both parts, hand over one part and retain the other.

However, there were no instructions and no details on the form linking my wifes passport to it so I am a little worried that when we arrive in DR it will turn out to be an application form which we should have sent back to the embassy.

Can anyone over there confirm if this sounds like a tourist card ?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
where is she come from? european contries doesnt need visa to enter to DR. tourit card could be fill here at the airport. there is a 10dlls fee.
It seems like the paper that you have is the tourist card.

BillyRichards49

Mar 13, 2002
Tourist cards.

Hi John,

She is Russian although now living in Scotland. A web site I was looking at told me she would need to get her tourist card in advance. I didn't want to take any chances as Russians tend to have to put up with a lot of bureaucratic crap wherever else they go. Sounds like the DR is a bit more laid back. I can't wait to get there and chill out.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.