Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My band is coming to play Puerto Plata!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yeskeys View Post
    Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club - Oct 22.
    I'm really not sure if it's open to the public - Have you heard of this place? Do they hold shows there?
    Lifestyle Holiday Vacation events are usually restricted to members only. They host their events on a large outdoor stage adjacent to the shoreline on their members appreciation night. Great venue actually. Acoustics are great and they draw a large crowd. The concert happens after the evening meal is served at the venue. They also have an amphitheater with excellent acoustics situated near the main administration building. Concrete seats are a bit hard on the butt after awhile. Frequent trips to the bar solve that problem. Other than that it’s a great venue. Took in a few concerts there over the years. Bono was there once. Don’t know if he performed. It was a Xmas Special event if memory serves me correctly. The drummer from the Black Eyed Peas did a concert there a few years ago. 

2. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club - Oct 22.
    I'm really not sure if it's open to the public - Have you heard of this place? Do they hold shows there?
    You should consider coming to Santo Domingo and doing a second concert - open to the public- here! Why come all the way to the DR and just do one day?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the scoop Ecoman. I'm looking forward to coming down there for a few days of R and R and R and R (rest,relaxation,rock,roll)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    All the way to the DR for one gig at a resort in Puerto Plata? Sounds odd to say the least. But odd things do happen here.
    There's an agent from my area here in the US who books bands for that resort. I know a couple of bands that have made the trip. See you guys in a couple weeks!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There's an agent from my area here in the US who books bands for that resort. I know a couple of bands that have made the trip. See you guys in a couple weeks!
    Enjoy. Since the odds are low that any of us will be staying at Lifestyles to see your show, have a good one. Many of us are in Sosua and Cabarete.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the scoop Ecoman. I'm looking forward to coming down there for a few days of R and R and R and R (rest,relaxation,rock,roll)
     If your with a group, rent a car and tour some of the North coast in your spare time. It’s well worth seeing. There is a National car rental agency at the LHVC Cofresi resort where you will be performing. You can also rent motors, small motorcycles, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Don’t drive at night and make sure you get the proper insurances. Other standard rules apply as they would in any foreign country. Don’t flash the cash, bling should not be worn, resist pedlars selling prescription drugs, and don’t, I repeat don’t, get caught with illegal drugs here. Your not a Dominican and you have very few rights here. You can be held in a DR jail for up to three months just for investigation purposes. Respect the people here and you will be okay.
    Last edited by Ecoman1949; 10-05-2017 at 12:06 PM.

8. Likes Buzzard liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome show!!!!!  Hope you were able to see some of the others that followed you, very fun night. You are awesome musicians!

10. Likes yeskeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you milo! Appreciate the compliment. We had an amazing time, it was my first time in the DR and the country is absolutely beautiful. The people were incredibly nice and I noticed the difference the second I set foot back in the US. Would love to return, hopefully we'll be back!

12. Likes windeguy, CFA123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some pics from the show on our new Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/winkfloyd/

I'm the old guy with the hat...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it worked out well. What guitar did you end up using?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast