Samana; Tree House.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
My wife is going with a group of women to a yoga retreat at the this place. A little rustic with little if any cellphone/internet. Nets over the beds with open windows and no in room bathrooms. Not a problem.

Being her first time at a yoga retreat, she really wants a massage and they don't say that they have one available.

She will have the only Jeep since 14 other women coming from Florida will not, so she can move around and I'm sure that she will have company getting into cell phone areas and other activities.

1. Anyone have FIRST HAND experience at this place and can give some insight?
2. Looking for a good massage place near. (no need to comment about "happy endings".) She really to pamper herself and I'm all for it.

Thanks.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
My wife is going with a group of women to a yoga retreat at the this place. A little rustic with little if any cellphone/internet. Nets over the beds with open windows and no in room bathrooms. Not a problem.

Being her first time at a yoga retreat, she really wants a massage and they don't say that they have one available.

She will have the only Jeep since 14 other women coming from Florida will not, so she can move around and I'm sure that she will have company getting into cell phone areas and other activities.

2. Looking for a good massage place near. (no need to comment about "happy endings".) She really to pamper herself and I'm all for it.

Thanks.

http://dominicantreehousevillage.com/

According to friends, great eco resort for zip lines forests, quad trips and time on beautiful playa el valle. Roads to resort are really rough last time I went to the playa and passed a few months back, and hope the river ford is in good shape next to place.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

Thanks.

The nearest beach is El Valle but I do not remember any massages there.  They can take the Jeep to either Rincon or Playita in Las Galeras.  At Playita is a mother and daughter team who are very nice and give a massage for an hour for 1000 pesos.  Great job.  Once I asked her for another hour.  At Rincon they also do a great job
But I forget the price.  

KITTU

May 13, 2015

Thanks.

I know of the massage center in Villa Las Sirena in Las Galeras. It's good.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Thanks.

I am assuming you and your wife live in the DR? You are closer to Samana City for a massage. It seems kind of strange if this place is billed as yoga retreat and they have no local contact with anyone who can give a good massage. Your party might want to check out Monte Placido in Barbacoa, which is about 6-8 kms outside of Las Terreans towards El Limon. It is a little more upscale than the place your wife is going to.