Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
computer translation:

15 days to withdraw business in Boca Chica

October 3, 2017
By:
PEDRO CASTRO p.castro@elnacional.com.do
e-mail: drafting [@] elnacional.com.do

Fifteen days of term granted the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources to the owners of booths and restaurants of the beach of Boca Chica to evacuate from the area the establishment that is within the 60 meters established by law.

The notification was given by Juan Antonio Burgos, acting as a technician of the Santo Domingo Provincial Directorate, who issued an act of monitoring, monitoring and environmental inspection.

According to the Environment businesses are violating laws 305-98 and 64-00.

"In its surroundings the following could be verified: the installation of a structure built in wood and zinc of more than 30 meters, it is located within 60 meters of the high tide, in clear violation of law 305 and 64- "
He recommended moving the infrastructure to another place outside the 60 meters high tide.

http://elnacional.com.do/dan-plazo-15-dias-retirar-negocios-en-boca-chica/

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Whoa, is they serious. Those knowledgeable of Boca does this mean Isla Bonita, Village on the Beach and a few others in that area will be torn down?

e_bro

Jul 21, 2017
Wow That would be every business on the beach... most are only a few feet from the water. Unless they are just talking about the little shacks that are set up. Eso es no bueno..

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Wow That would be every business on the beach... most are only a few feet from the water. Unless they are just talking about the little shacks that are set up. Eso es no bueno..

Exactly what I am thinking...........

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Boca chica is a _____ hole. The sooner they start cleaning it up, the better.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If this is going to occur nationwide, things are going to get very interesting, very quickly......and not for the better.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Boca chica is a _____ hole. The sooner they start cleaning it up, the better.

I agree and don't agree.......... Boca Chica serves it's purpose. For the locals who rarely have two extra pesos Boca becomes a fun day at the beach. For tourists on a tight budget Boca gives them "an island" vacation. For those who have extra spare change there are other choices they can choose from.

Now where I agree boca is a ____hole is what in the world has happened to the west end. I walked through there last week and looks like someone dropped a bomb. I guess it is four years or more since they started building the cement kiosks to replace the wooden fish shacks and not a single one is complete. It is now a complete disaster in that area...........

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I think ,bigbird that even poor people deserve better than these filthy shacks close to the water line . There are still many cheap places to stay and to eat at further from the water ..

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I think ,bigbird that even poor people deserve better than these filthy shacks close to the water line . There are still many cheap places to stay and to eat at further from the water ..

After reading the OP a few more times I think they are talking about those filthy shacks and NOT Isla Bonita, Village on the Beach or others.

Those shacks would definitely be.........

"In its surroundings the following could be verified: the installation of a structure built in wood and zinc of more than 30 meters, it is located within 60 meters of the high tide, in clear violation of law 305 and 64- "

The thing is why hasn't the government finished building the replacement cement kiosks so the business have a decent place to relocate to.......... I know, this is la rep dom

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I doubt if those like the boat house isla bonita, etc are include as far as I know they are grandfathered in. The beach came to them, when they were built they were more than 60m from the water. I doubt if parts of the hamaca is 60m from the water

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think this law only applies to structures that were built within the 60 meter setback after the law was enacted(?).

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If Puerco Rosado goes I'm done with Boca Chica.

My BC routine is to have lunch at PR, use their locker privilege, and spend a few hours in the water.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If Puerco Rosado goes I'm done with Boca Chica.

My BC routine is to have lunch at PR, use their locker privilege, and spend a few hours in the water.

How does the locker use work? Is that for the general public or only those who dine there?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hopefully they are looking to get rid of these shacks..........

2pyorw3.jpg

Sad part going on four years and none of the replacement cement kiosks have been completed. So I guess they will just run the shack owners out of business until the kiosks are complete?

mskvi8.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Yes, tear them down and clean this place up............ (which includes finishing the cement kiosks)

35ch8wo.jpg

fmv321.jpg

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Yes, tear them down and clean this place up............ (which includes finishing the cement kiosks)

35ch8wo.jpg

fmv321.jpg

I've wondered also when will they finish. The new stalls are for the owners of the old ones, right? They can buy or lease them.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I've wondered also when will they finish. The new stalls are for the owners of the old ones, right? They can buy or lease them.

Your guess is as good as mine but I would hope those who already have those wooden shacks would get first choice and at a reasonable lease rate. The amount of time the government has had that area in shambles they should just lease the stalls for $1 a year. These are peeps just trying to make a few pesos.

That west end was much nicer five years ago before they started this "Project".