Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Baseball Season

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2017-18 Baseball Season

The 2017 baseball season calendar should be online very soon.

http://www.ligadom.com/calendario/

I expect the above link to be updated real soon. The opening day will be on Friday October 13, 2017. In Santo Domingo it will be Aguilas vs Licey Tigres. I am not sure if tickets will go on sale before game day but if you go to the stadium game day early morning you have a very good chance of getting good seats, at least I did last year.

2. Likes Caonabo, RG84 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

As for tickets here is my 2 cents. I have been early and tryed to get tickets it was a mad house fights and pushing and shuving not to menchen the heat and sun burn.
    I did get tickets and thy were good. Now i also tryed to sell the ones i did not use with no luck. The scalpers by them all and from what i have seen thy do not make money. There were times i could not even give them away. From now on i well just go a little  late and make the scalpers an offer. This is in Santiago.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Do yourselves a favor, and buy from the box office. There are a lot of false tickets that make there ways through the various parqueos (parking lots). There is 0 enforcement of these thieves, and often it's ex-pats and tourists that get ripped off, as Dominicans understand the reality of the issue. Not much different from any place elsewhere in the world.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Season starts tonight, Friday the 13th.

Although the link I posted says 2016-2017 the schedule is indeed 2017-2018. Tonight's game Licey vs Aguilas is sold out the "organized scalpers" have plenty of tickets at three times the price. You will find the scalpers outside the stadium all wearing a blue shirt. They are organized Mafia rip off artists but if you want to see the game live what other choice do you have? I paid three times the face value for two tickets and even then it is dirt cheap.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Fake tickets in the DR? No, how can that be?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Dirt cheep? Come on compared to the playoffs in the us maybe but it is minor league ball.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Fake tickets in the DR? No, how can that be?
    Not sure where these fake tickets are being sold but I doubt there are any fake ones at Estadio Quisqueya. We talking about seats going for 100, 200 pesos. Surely there would be no profit in printing fake tickets. I got two tickets Palcos AA, and the face value is 100 pesos. The scalpers in SD are almost like an organized union.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    Dirt cheep? Come on compared to the playoffs in the us maybe but it is minor league ball.
    Yes, the tickets are dirt cheap. It surely won't set you back a week's pay to take the family to the game. Sure this isn't American professional baseball but I can guarantee you the games are one hundred times more fun to go to.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What ever, bird.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yacht chef View Post
    What ever, bird.
    How many games have you been to? If you didn't have a great time I don't know why. Doms go to the games to party.......and I love it. A night at the game is cheaper than a night at the movies.

The price of admission is worth it just to see the cheerleaders shake their thing.

Oops, just read where you go to Santiago for the games. Must be a very different atmosphere in Santiago compared to Santo Domingo.
    Last edited by bigbird; 10-13-2017 at 06:05 PM. Reason: added comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast