Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE Lidom Game Tonight:

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HUGE Lidom Game Tonight:

Gigantes del Cibao @ Aguilas Cibaeñas at 8pm.

These teams are tied for first place by 2 games with 2 games remaining.

Whoever wins tonight is guaranteed, at worse, a tie for 1st for the season.

The final regular season game is Thursday night.

Playoffs start in after Christmas, but the schedule has not been announced.

LIDOM Standings

Go Aguilas!

2. Likes Retire liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes this such a HUGE game as both teams will make it to the playoffs in January, which is what really counts.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

The only country with an "Aguilas Cibaenas" team, when there are no endemic Eagles across it. Either way, I hate "las Aguilas Cibaenas" TILL THE BOTTOM OF THE NINE!

Go Estrellas.....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing you well View Post
    The only country with an "Aguilas Cibaenas" team, when there are no endemic Eagles across it. Either way, I hate "las Aguilas Cibaenas" TILL THE BOTTOM OF THE NINE!

Go Estrellas.....
    You trying to start something here? All the....when the Aguilas are winning come out the woodwork fans will be all over that post. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

The Aguilas are like the old Brooklyn Dodgers, or the old Pirates....

In reality, they built a dynasty together with the Pirates in the 60s and 70s. As with the Atlanta Braves. We had Gene Garber, Steve Blass, Rick Waits, Gene Tenace (Oakland), Dave Parker, George Foster, Sad Sam Jones, Dick Stuart...and Manny Sanguillen of course...

And a long, long list of Dominican big-leaguers...like Tony Peña, Manny Ramirez, José Lima, Miguel Diloné, Miguel Tejada, Bartolo Colón etc etc etc.

The rivalry with Licey dates back to the early 50s and is sort of Country vs. City.

It was sometimes interpreted as Anti-Trujillo vs Trujillo (but NEVER in the open).

The importance of tonight's game is that whoever wins the head to head matchup and is tied in first place, will get to play the 4th place team, I believe, and also--very important--have first choice in the drafting of players from the non-qualifying teams...a major step to shoring up weak spots in the lineup..

It will be a good game I hope..

Regards,

HB, who was at the first game played in Santiago after the death of Trujillo.....nuf said.

Moderator DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Great info Hillbilly, as usual.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    You trying to start something here? All the....when the Aguilas are winning come out the woodwork fans will be all over that post. LOL
    Am telling you, stupid team is destined no mater what. I've had my share of suffering over the years con los Cibaenos.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets go Eagles. Maybe I well head over there tomorrow night. Was hoping to be here for the playoffs but work called. 

On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    The Aguilas are like the old Brooklyn Dodgers, or the old Pirates....

In reality, they built a dynasty together with the Pirates in the 60s and 70s. As with the Atlanta Braves. We had Gene Garber, Steve Blass, Rick Waits, Gene Tenace (Oakland), Dave Parker, George Foster, Sad Sam Jones, Dick Stuart...and Manny Sanguillen of course...

And a long, long list of Dominican big-leaguers...like Tony Peña, Manny Ramirez, José Lima, Miguel Diloné, Miguel Tejada, Bartolo Colón etc etc etc.

The rivalry with Licey dates back to the early 50s and is sort of Country vs. City.

It was sometimes interpreted as Anti-Trujillo vs Trujillo (but NEVER in the open).

The importance of tonight's game is that whoever wins the head to head matchup and is tied in first place, will get to play the 4th place team, I believe, and also--very important--have first choice in the drafting of players from the non-qualifying teams...a major step to shoring up weak spots in the lineup..

It will be a good game I hope..

Regards,

HB, who was at the first game played in Santiago after the death of Trujillo.....nuf said.
    Damm, you have been in DR for a short time Heard a rumor you arrived when they were flying Hiller Ravens? Had to have guts to be in one of those

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

MODS, any chance this thread can get moved to the Dominican Baseball Forum?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast