2017-18 Baseball Season

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The 2017 baseball season calendar should be online very soon.

http://www.ligadom.com/calendario/

I expect the above link to be updated real soon. The opening day will be on Friday October 13, 2017. In Santo Domingo it will be Aguilas vs Licey Tigres. I am not sure if tickets will go on sale before game day but if you go to the stadium game day early morning you have a very good chance of getting good seats, at least I did last year.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
As for tickets here is my 2 cents. I have been early and tryed to get tickets it was a mad house fights and pushing and shuving not to menchen the heat and sun burn.
I did get tickets and thy were good. Now i also tryed to sell the ones i did not use with no luck. The scalpers by them all and from what i have seen thy do not make money. There were times i could not even give them away. From now on i well just go a little  late and make the scalpers an offer. This is in Santiago.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Do yourselves a favor, and buy from the box office. There are a lot of false tickets that make there ways through the various parqueos (parking lots). There is 0 enforcement of these thieves, and often it's ex-pats and tourists that get ripped off, as Dominicans understand the reality of the issue. Not much different from any place elsewhere in the world.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Season starts tonight, Friday the 13th.

Although the link I posted says 2016-2017 the schedule is indeed 2017-2018. Tonight's game Licey vs Aguilas is sold out the "organized scalpers" have plenty of tickets at three times the price. You will find the scalpers outside the stadium all wearing a blue shirt. They are organized Mafia rip off artists but if you want to see the game live what other choice do you have? I paid three times the face value for two tickets and even then it is dirt cheap.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Fake tickets in the DR? No, how can that be?

Not sure where these fake tickets are being sold but I doubt there are any fake ones at Estadio Quisqueya. We talking about seats going for 100, 200 pesos. Surely there would be no profit in printing fake tickets. I got two tickets Palcos AA, and the face value is 100 pesos. The scalpers in SD are almost like an organized union.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Dirt cheep? Come on compared to the playoffs in the us maybe but it is minor league ball.

Yes, the tickets are dirt cheap. It surely won't set you back a week's pay to take the family to the game. Sure this isn't American professional baseball but I can guarantee you the games are one hundred times more fun to go to.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
What ever, bird.

How many games have you been to? If you didn't have a great time I don't know why. Doms go to the games to party.......and I love it. A night at the game is cheaper than a night at the movies.

The price of admission is worth it just to see the cheerleaders shake their thing.

Oops, just read where you go to Santiago for the games. Must be a very different atmosphere in Santiago compared to Santo Domingo.

Last edited:

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Been to meny guess  things are cheep  in SD. I pay 100 to go to the movies  in Santiago. I guess a bleacher seet is the same price as a movie. Yes i have fun all i was saying  was that a good seat at 1500 at 3 times the price  to me is not dirt cheep. But all good i will be at opning night  here but it is Sunday  for us. Enjoy  the game bird.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Been to meny guess  things are cheep  in SD. I pay 100 to go to the movies  in Santiago. I guess a bleacher seet is the same price as a movie. Yes i have fun all i was saying  was that a good seat at 1500 at 3 times the price  to me is not dirt cheep. But all good i will be at opning night  here but it is Sunday  for us. Enjoy  the game bird.

Will do. Only seats scalpers had available were palcos AA. It is opening night and that is always a big night for ticket sales. Once the season really starts the ticket window in SD always have tickets. Only time it is tough is when the Aguilas come to town.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
@ yacht chef or any Aguilas home game visitor. Do they have a team shop at the Aguilas stadium in Santiago? I am looking to buy a "fitted" Aguilas baseball hat. Not interested in the cheapo snap back they sell all over the island. The cap sells for around 1300 pesos, at least that is what I paid for my Licey cap I bought at Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo.

Also if they do have a shop is it open on other than game days?

I did make it to Licey opening night. Only bad part I was only able to get tickets in section palcos AA just past third base. NEVER again, too much chopo for me. I will stick with palcos A in the future.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bird: yes, they have a shop that is open every day from 9 a.m.

See you there??

Always the Aguilas fan,

HB

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I must say that the entry at San Pedro and La Romana is uniquely Dominican..you get to the game before the start and buy your premium ticket with allocated seat and then go upstairs and choose any seat in the premium section that suits you regardless of the seat you were allocated . When it rains there is a rush to move further up and under the roof . The thing I like is that once you are seated a vendor of beer spirits and food regards you as his own property and no matter how much you may try to use another vendor you are stuck with the first who runs a tab and you pay towards the end of the game . it is as much fun as a cricket match in the West Indies .

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
I must say that the entry at San Pedro and La Romana is uniquely Dominican..you get to the game before the start and buy your premium ticket with allocated seat and then go upstairs and choose any seat in the premium section that suits you regardless of the seat you were allocated . When it rains there is a rush to move further up and under the roof . The thing I like is that once you are seated a vendor of beer spirits and food regards you as his own property and no matter how much you may try to use another vendor you are stuck with the first who runs a tab and you pay towards the end of the game . it is as much fun as a cricket match in the West Indies .
I am going to the game in Santiago on the 31st . Having never been to a game in DR before , and having read above , what advice can you give ? I will be going on the 30th , staying until the 1st . Trying to choose a suitable hotel for 2 couples , our wives want to be able to walk around , shop etc. We will be seeing the sights the day of game as it doesn't start until 8pm . Am concerened about getting great seats along 1st base line and down low .

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Estadio Quisqueya
6y0213.jpg

Estadio Cibao
f23dpk.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
For what it is worth i made it to my first game at Estadio Cibao on Sunday November 19. Let's just say it is an experience one has to witness to get a feel for what it is like. I arrived a bit late and was only able to get a general admission ticket (not bleachers). Truly Dominican Tigueres out to party.............

I think i will stick to my original plan where if i can't get seats in Palcos A between home plate and either 1st base or 3rd base i will just go to the closest colmado and watch the game............... Just my two pesos......... Sometimes too much a Dominican thing can be too much............

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am going to the game in Santiago on the 31st . Having never been to a game in DR before , and having read above , what advice can you give ? I will be going on the 30th , staying until the 1st . Trying to choose a suitable hotel for 2 couples , our wives want to be able to walk around , shop etc. We will be seeing the sights the day of game as it doesn't start until 8pm . Am concerened about getting great seats along 1st base line and down low .

Did you go? If so how was the "experience"?

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
Went on the bus trip with Checkpoint Bar . Was AWESOME . We all had seats in Palcos AA , behind visitors bench .( Estrellas ) It was a nail biter of a game . Bought a T-Shirt at the gift shop for about $15 Canadian . Tickets were $600.00 Pesos . And I can't wait to go again . This was a 5 pm start game . Next early start game I see I will be driving to see it ! I can't see how Checkpoint does it for that price . Was 1200 pesos ea. They provided the coach , the tickets , even sandwiches , popcorn and peanuts on the coach ! They are AWESOME HOSTS .

Sure wish they would do a 2nd trip . But I guess its an annual thing .

Last edited: