Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Drinking street water - interesting results

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel01 View Post
    Who gave you this weird Test Results ?

There is no Test in the Market that tests all Bacteria !!! In a Standard Microbiological Test, the most common Bacteria's are listed individually. And there is no such a thing as 0 (ZERO) Bacteria's. Even Coli or Salmonella have a min. Value that is permuted in Tap Drinking Water. (Not in Mineral water). If you really want to know; send a sample to Lab. Aguavivas and get reliable results.
    I bought a water testing kit from Amazon in the US. The bacteria test was a vial that came pre-filled with a powder. You had to add an exact amount of water and shake it vigorously for 20 seconds, then leave it for 48 hours. It is negative if it's purple, and positive if yellow. The results sheet said you should not drink water if the test came out yellow. I assume it therefore tests for acceptable or unacceptable levels of harmful bacteria in the water.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    I assume it therefore tests for acceptable or unacceptable levels of harmful bacteria in the water.
    Had an old sergeant tell me once don't assume, that has the possibility of making an a$$ out of you and me (ass u me)

3. Likes CristoRey liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in this case, I bought a water testing kit which tests for harmful bacteria in drinking water and tells you if the water meets EPA standards. I don't think it's an unrealistic assumption to think that the kit tests for acceptable and unacceptable levels of bacteria in water.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234