Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lifestyles attempts to privatize Playa Cofresi

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post
    the water is bad is because LIFESTYLE runs there raw sewage directly onto the public beach of cofresi
    Is there documentation of this allegation? I'm surprised that there would not have been more public outcry if true.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    Really? I would think that might be bad for building up their "repeat" business.
    Not if there is good tidal flow.

Have any idea of what the costs are of treating sewage?
    Lots cheaper to just dump it in the ocean.
    Going on in South Florida for ages.
    Take a look at Playa Grande if you want to see what happens when these resorts grab the public beaches.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

it sewer trough comes out at the end of liestyle beach where the public beach is,pictures will follow asap

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Not if there is good tidal flow.

Have any idea of what the costs are of treating sewage?
    Lots cheaper to just dump it in the ocean.
    Going on in South Florida for ages.
    Take a look at Playa Grande if you want to see what happens when these resorts grab the public beaches.
    Ewww. For future reference, which way does the tide flow in that area?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post
    it sewer trough comes out at the end of liestyle beach where the public beach is,pictures will follow asap

We're looking forward to it. I'll be done with lunch by then hopefully.

6. Likes mobrouser liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Putting white sand on the beach is an amusing point. And that would be done how often? The sand color and water color are what they are on the north coast.

The beach and the water at Playa Dorada and Long Beach in Puerto Plata look nicer after they changed the original golden sand with the whiter one. The way the sunlight reflects on whiter sand does wonders to the color of the sea.

The sand used to rejuvenate PD and LB isn't pearl white as in Punta Cana, but its white enough to produced a desirable change.

Moderator Polls Forum

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Lifestyles uses numerous septic systems/holding tanks and regularly empties them with an ongoing arrangement with a contractor.

I know the pipe champ refers to and although I have never felt inclined to see where it comes from, I'm betting it is from somewhere outside lifestyles and I do not think it's a human waste outlet as there is no effluent smell. The amount of crap produced in just one day at Lifestyles would easily overwhelm the tides ability to wash it away fast enough unless the pipe extended far out into the water past the two points of the little bay.

Me thinks someone is just smacking their gums to hear them make noise.

9. Likes jinty05, ctrob liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There must be some attractions for living on the north coast but it is hard to see from reading the constant reports here of problems in Sosua ,Atlantic beaches, all the murders reported by DV8 ,the road problems and the constant rain and closing of public beaches . Don't you all think it would be better living in Juan Dolio for example or in Bani .

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling333 View Post
    There must be some attractions for living on the north coast but it is hard to see from reading the constant reports here of problems in Sosua ,Atlantic beaches, all the murders reported by DV8 ,the road problems and the constant rain and closing of public beaches . Don't you all think it would be better living in Juan Dolio for example or in Bani .
    Absolutely not.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Expect more pressure from LHVC to privatize or incorporate the beach between their property and Ocean World. Here’s the problem. LHVC Cofresi is busting at the seams literally. Both beaches at the LHVC Cofresi resort are small by Playa Dorada standards and overcrowding is a problem during high season. LHVC tried moving into Playa Dorada to please their golfers and access a much better beach. They encountered opposition from the other resort owners. They were forced to vacate and remove their sign from the main Playa Dorada road. They have property interests in Costambar, another area with a nice beach. Now they are building in Cabarete. Again the motivator is access to a much nicer beach area. The pattern is obvious and they have deep pockets and the government’s ear. 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast