Is there a market for

mistakes

Mar 15, 2002

It should be but be sure domestic family Entrepreneurs have allready figured out everything. From needle to locomotive they got everything. So good luck.
In any case i would be personaly interested. Send me email

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Two thumbs up...

Way up for Jazzcom...that is the kind of thinking i've been waiting for here.....excellent...i dont know anything about your machine, but that is precisely what we need...entrepreneurship to solve the everyday problems of the DR...

Lets have more ideas, people!!!

mondongo

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
????

Would the average Dominican family be able to buy this piece of equipment? Is the retail price here in the DR $450.US?

Most "upper class" families already have installed filtration systems but new construction may be interested.
I have a ceramic/charcoal gizmo under my kitchen sink that I brought from Canada ($149 CAN, about $89 US) that gives me pure water at the rate of about 1 pint/per minute. I've had the water tested to be sure it functions properly (at 800ppm fecal coliform our well water is unbelievably contaminated not to mention all the other horrible things in it!).
I use the water for cleaning vegetables and boiling/cooking however it is not "potable" - drinkable because of the saline content being so close to the sea. Seems this little gem does everything but de-salinate which is a fairly expensive proposition from what I've heard.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I just became a dealer for this product and am bringing a sample with me to the DR on the 29th of this month.

I will post more info after I am moved. <sold my house and one is being built so am moving to a 2 family I own for 9 months> I need to get out and in before I get to the DR. Time is limited. Just got Road Runner in the new Casa del Slum today.

Questions? Just email me or ask here.

Scott

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
Is it one of those types that uses UV to kill nasties in the water?

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
MommC....Jazzcom....

I am very interested in the capabilities of your filtration system. What does it filter? Metals? Algea? Viruses? What size particles does it remove? Does it have any consumable parts that have to be replaced frequently? Is it powered by water pressure or by electricity? Can it alter the PH of the water? Does it use stabilized chlorine?...etc...

thanks, mondongo

"the only friend of the longaniza"

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hi....mines a little two container gizmo that fits under my sink. It filter everything but salt (salt dissolves into the water). It removes iron, gaglardia,cystosporins, (beaver fever?), fecal coliform, E. coli,etc
It was made to be used where there are no clorination/water treatment facilities such as in the wilds of Canada.

There is a charcoal filter that is recommended be changed every 4-6 months (costs about $9.Can) and a ceramic filter that you "file" (file provided with kit) every 6 mnths -1 year. The ceramic piece must be changed every two yrs at a cost of about $100. CAN ($1.CAN= 10.15 pesos)

I installed mine Oct/2000 used it for 5 months 2000/2001. Tested the water when it was installed. Tested the water again in Jan. this year when we arrived. Both tests are good. With any luck I can still use it for the time we are here beginning Oct. 2002.
We unscrew the reservoir/purification chambers when we leave...rinse the filters in bottled water and re-install them when we come back so the filters are not sitting in stagnant water in the reservoir chamber for the 6-7 months we are not here.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Market?

Jazzcom what market are you gearing to sell this device to? Is this for households? The first question I ask myself is: Is there a need for it in my household? It costs US$450 up front. Then, what are the additional maintenance and supply costs? Is it worth the investment? Will it save me money? At the rate that I pay for potable water for my consumption (13 pesos/bottle), US$450 can buy me a little over 600, 5 gal. bottles of potable water. Normally I don't use over 2 bottles a week. How long do I have to own the device before it pays for itself? What's the advantage of your device to me? Regards, PJT

Granix

Mar 14, 2002
www.granixinc.com
water filter

Is your machine like a reverse osmossis system? I have one that fits under the sink myself. It takes 5 gal.us to make 1 gal. us drinking water. In addition I have a high sodium water supply where as I still cannot drink my filtered water. I hope your system is better. Paid about $350 us for mine. Good luck!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Re: water filter

Granix said:
Is your machine like a reverse osmossis system? I have one that fits under the sink myself. It takes 5 gal.us to make 1 gal. us drinking water. In addition I have a high sodium water supply where as I still cannot drink my filtered water. I hope your system is better. Paid about $350 us for mine. Good luck!

Purifies the water out of the tap. Gallon for gallon.

Scott

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Sheesh! I had the da*n box! Now where did I put it??

Ok...It's a "RainFresh" system...Effective on both municipal and untreated water.Unique 3 stage filtering process uses replaceable Activated Carbon Catridge and silver impregnated, cleanable,reusable Ceramic csrtridge.-Traps and kills disease causing bacteria,coliforms,faecal coliforms and other organisms.-Traps cysts(Giardia lamblia,Cryptosporidium)-Reduces pesticides(measured as lindane),clorine,offensive tastes and odours.- Filters sediment,silt,rust,asbestos and other suspended solids to sub-micron level. -Leaves flouride and essential minerals in the water. Important-If water supply contains excessive sediment of algae install a Rainfresh Dirt/Rust filter on main water supply.
Comes with a five year warranty....made in Canada.

Envirogard Products Limited
P.O.Box 64, Richmond Hill,Ontario Canada, L4C 4X9

Help line 1-800-667-8072

Sold by both Canadian Tire Corp and Walmart.......should be able to find it on their websites......

Hope this help Mondongo....Now you know as much as I do!!! hehehe

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Company is called Ecoquest International.

Living Water is the name of the product.

LIVING WATER combines three brilliant technologies,borrowed directly from nature, to cleanse unwanted pollutants from your tap water.

This perfectly natural cleansing process provides abundant,healthy and great-tasting water for your family, right from the tap - all for just pennies a day.
Step 1.* Incoming water is treated with ozone which destroys contaminants and improves taste.

Step 2. Ozonated water is exposed to high intensity ultraviolet (UV) light which protects against nonpathogenic microorganisms

Step 3. During photo-oxidation, the ozone and UV are combined in a patented process each improving the effectiveness of each.

Step 4. Water is filtered through a high-performance, 1-micron cartridge with lead adsorption media, trapping dissolved lead, chlorine, and particles smaller than Cryptospordium.

Step 5. Pure water at your tap!

*Living Water III adds a 20 micron pre-filter for larger sediment before this step.

With Living Water, you get great-tasting, high-quality drinking water from one convenient, compact, and efficient system.

Any questions, please email me and I can meet you after the 29th in the DR

Sorry took me so long but moving really sucks.

Regards,
Scott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Some thoughts, people mentioned about the price. This nor any other product is meant to be sold to every Dominican in the country. I just need a small percentage of these people to be successful.

To compare this to bottled water you also forget that the lifting of the 5 gallon jugs is a pain in the ass. How about just to the upper classes that just don't want to be bothered with bottled water? Is there a market even if I am not intending to sell to every man woman and child?

Thanks,
Scott