Another newbie here

Tradewinds

Oct 7, 2017
Hi everyone,
I’m a retiring renewable energy expert (is an expert just another guy from out of town?)
I’m in Las Terrenas this week, just rented a place starting Jan ‘18 and thought I’d get to know the locals by hosting a solar/wind/you name it seminar for residential and resort scale applications in January.
 By the way, anyone want to share a cab to El Catey on Monday Oct 9 for an 830 to TO flight?
Looking forward to making new friends!

The tradewinds guy

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi everyone,
I’m a retiring renewable energy expert (is an expert just another guy from out of town?)
I’m in Las Terrenas this week, just rented a place starting Jan ‘18 and thought I’d get to know the locals by hosting a solar/wind/you name it seminar for residential and resort scale applications in January.
 By the way, anyone want to share a cab to El Catey on Monday Oct 9 for an 830 to TO flight?
Looking forward to making new friends!

The tradewinds guy

My wife and I owned a condo there for six years. Great little beach town. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay. Good luck and good travels.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Welcome to DR1 Tradewinds. I believe there was one Canadian gentleman in Sosua or Cabarete who had a thriving solar panel sale and installation business for a few years till he landed a big contract, made a fistful of money, and headed off for parts unknown. His products were high end and suited to the Caribbean environment. There is definitely a residential market here. Don’t know about large scale commercial application other than the massive sites developed by the DR government and now feeding into the main grid. If your looking for information, this is a good site.