denied visas

tfaivre

Mar 15, 2002
Please help! My dominican boyfriend of 2 years and I have been trying to get him to the USA. We started with a visitor visa which they denied because they felt he didn't have enough ties to his home.
Well, we are now in the process of a fiance visa and I was told that he has "0" chance of getting it approved due to the first denial. Our only other option is to get married in the D.R. but I can't stay the 30days that the D.R. requires. How can we do this to avoid the 30 day stay?
How much money would it take? I am going there 3/20 so we have to work fast. Thanks tf

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
I am not a lawyer and i dont know anything about law, maybe Fabio Guzman can help you better. but what you are thinking to do, married to get a visa, in USA it is called INMIGRATION FRAUD. and they will denied the visa again.

tfaivre

Mar 15, 2002
John, How can it be immigration fraud when I want to marry him and he wants to marry me? We probably should have done the fiance visa first. Thanks tf

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Hi tfaivre,

As John has said, your chances, at this point, are near zero, zip, nada. Once you've been denied then you have to wait a certain period of time before you apply again. I'm not versed in the applicable laws, this is just my observation from what has been posted here. Good luck and talk to a lawyer . . .

regards,

CES"

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
you said that the only option that you have is to get married. that's mean that you are getting married because he needs a visa. that's is inmigraton fraud. and the USA consul know that.

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
I have always been told never apply for a tourist visa for a boyfriend or girlfriend because of this problem. However there was a case recently in the DR when the couple went to the interview for the fiance visa, they were told get married first and come back in 6 months. This was told to them by the consulate.

I believe they make it as hard as possible to see if you will give up. If this is the case then you need to call your congress person and see what your options are. Sometimes a call to the consulate from tehir office is all that is needed.

Also I have never heard of the 30 day requirement. Is this something that is new?

Jerry

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You need to talk to a lawyer versed in US migration law, which Fabio Guzman is not.

For instance, in Santo Domingo, have your boyfriend contact Yadira Morel who has offices at Plaza Metropolitana on Av. JF Kennedy in Santo Domingo. Can't find the telephone at this point, but she has a big sign up that is visible from the avenue, so it's easy to reach her. She also answers questions on the once-a-week afternoon-evening talk show run by Jochi Santos on 106.5 FM, so have your boyfriend call that station to get her telephone number.

Daybee

Feb 28, 2002
Visa Requirements

Ok I have read these posts and am now really confused. I too have a boyfriend in the Dominican Republic who wishes to visit me in the UK. What is the difference between the Visitors Visa and a Financial Visa.

For now I just want him to be able to come and visit.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
FIANCE visa, not FINANCIAL visa. A visitors visa is just that - for a visit, and a fiance visa is bringing someone over because you are getting married.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Wat say we "Bugger Off" to Merry Olde England

An English "Financial Visa" for a Dominican "Boyfriend" ,means that the "Boyfriend" only wants to stay in England until his English "Girlfriends" money runs out. He will then return to work in "Animacion" at the Bavaro "Sanki" Beach Resort,until the next "Financial Visa" comes along! I thought you knew!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Re: Visa Requirements

Daybee said:
Ok I have read these posts and am now really confused. I too have a boyfriend in the Dominican Republic who wishes to visit me in the UK. What is the difference between the Visitors Visa and a Financial Visa.

For now I just want him to be able to come and visit.

It's not even easy getting a visitor visa, I've tried to obtain one for a friend also, denied. The person coming over must have sufficient funds in a bank account, I'm not sure on the amount, permission from his employer to take a holiday, and that he has a job to come back to, the reasons he will return to the DR, (family, ect). No police history, and good medical record. If he can fullfill all of these requirements then he stands a chance. Reason to return to DR is also very important so that he/she does plan to return to their homeland, DR. If he can use his father's house or property as an asset this will help.