shipping?????

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
im looking to ship a bag about 20 inches by 10 inches (not heavy). a bubble shipping bag. what is my best option and cost from united states to pop?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Use one of the courier services like Encargopaq, EPS, CPS, etc.. and if you want cheaper (but takes longer) choose their ocean freight option. About $4 a pound if you use the air freight service.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
$200...........

If something is old and may have cost in excess of $200, how to they compute the current value. I have a great 42" TV in Florida that was about $500 4 years ago. I would love to ship it here just because it is a better Smart TV than by two TVs I bought here - I don't mind paying CPS the $120 to ship but I don't want to pay taxes on it - that's just my nature

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can't answer with certainty on used -
but know this...

In many cases the gov't has their own chart to value items,,,,
Receipts mean 'zippola'...
their assigned value is the only one.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If something is old and may have cost in excess of $200, how to they compute the current value. I have a great 42" TV in Florida that was about $500 4 years ago. I would love to ship it here just because it is a better Smart TV than by two TVs I bought here - I don't mind paying CPS the $120 to ship but I don't want to pay taxes on it - that's just my nature

Dont't do it. You will be at their mercy. Not worth the aggravation.

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
I can't answer with certainty on used -
but know this...

In many cases the gov't has their own chart to value items,,,,
Receipts mean 'zippola'...
their assigned value is the only one.

Just came in from Toronto with a big TV box that cost me $28.00 from public storage . . One 55" one 47 " same box . paid the Porter $150.00 US . ALL of my 8 Pieces of luggage were " Overlooked " Not scanned , not looked at . PP airport . Find a porter as your waiting for your luggage at the belt .

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
im looking to ship a bag about 20 inches by 10 inches (not heavy). a bubble shipping bag. what is my best option and cost from united states to pop?
I buy from ebay constantly . CPS provides a Miami shipping address . For small items , including microwave and Slowcooker , they go airfreight from Miami to DR . larger items go by ship from Miami . Ecellent service from CPS . its free to sign up and you pay by the pound .

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014

Tried this a few years back with EPS . Bad idea . Big mistake. Let's just say someone in ADUANA is now enjoying our 55" Smart TV . It mysteriously disappeared after a lot of back and forth with ADUANA. The last we heard from them  after several months was " we will let you know how much you have to pay" . Not worth the agro.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just came in from Toronto with a big TV box that cost me $28.00 from public storage . . One 55" one 47 " same box . paid the Porter $150.00 US . ALL of my 8 Pieces of luggage were " Overlooked " Not scanned , not looked at . PP airport . Find a porter as your waiting for your luggage at the belt .

That is a surefire solution....

I use the mudanza..... door to door... not that easy from Canada but doable

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

Most airlines have a max linear measurement of around 60 - 62". Is there an airline that allows larger sizes as checked luggage? I want to ship a 60" flat screen.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Most airlines have a max linear measurement of around 60 - 62". Is there an airline that allows larger sizes as checked luggage? I want to ship a 60" flat screen.

I don't think that will happen on a US airline. Canadian, possibly. Most US airlines will not even take boxes to the DR. Contact a door to door shipper and get a price on a TV of that size unless you are coming from Canada.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't think that will happen on a US airline. Canadian, possibly. Most US airlines will not even take boxes to the DR. Contact a door to door shipper and get a price on a TV of that size unless you are coming from Canada.

Well, you're right, but most of them charge $8 per inch - so he's looking at close to $500 to ship a 60" with a mundanza. At that cost, better off buying in DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, you're right, but most of them charge $8 per inch - so he's looking at close to $500 to ship a 60" with a mundanza. At that cost, better off buying in DR.

Not necessarily. High end current model larger TV's here are incredibly, stupidly, ridiculously expensive. Almost certainly more than $500 more than for a new TV from the US. If you want to settle for an ABC or XYZ brand TV, then the price will be similar versus importing.

Retire

Jan 18, 2017

Yes , Air Transat told me the box can be no larger than 62 "

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
Yes , Air Transat told me the box can be no larger than 62 "

I'm not suggesting this method is for everyone .Also it may be that U.S. airlines are different as to what sizes can be shipped . But , I've been given the field of play , and all things considered , decided to play by DR rules . Worked for me . By the way , this is the second time . 1st time TV fit ( barely ) in luggage and for the Porter , it cost me $1000.00 Pesos to be overlooked .

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
Peralto Bros ships from Toronto and Montreal to DR door to door no problems used them many times highly trustable.. 
I have also used Peralta Bros . Shipped a barrel ( supplied by them ) and a Rubbermaid tote . Including Barrell , $200.00 Canadian delivered right to my door here in PP province . They have a website . Peralta Bros. Shipping.