Ocean World ?

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Haven't seen anything about Ocean World here lately. Daughter wants to go in a couple weeks for her 10th birthday. Web site makes it look like Dominicans and residents get in for half price with cedula. We would be coming up from the capitol. Any good reasons not to make the trip. We would probably hire transportation as there would be a bunch of kids.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
None that I can think of. I would imagine that the kids would have a wonderful time here as most kids would. They do put one some very good shows with interaction from the crowd. There may be some replies that get into the animal rights aspect of the park but that aside, a large group of kids would enjoy themselves.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
in my opinion the shows (4) are mediocre at best. A lot of money for below average entertainment, even at the discount for locals. 

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
If it is for your daughter''s birthday then do it. When you see the smile on her face whilst watching the show such as the sea lion show then it is more than worth it. I actually did the Sea Lion adventure with my wife and 2 daughters which was up close and personal and we absolutely loved it. Of course, you cannot compare this to Sea World in Miami or other such locations but at the end of the day, this is a great day out for the kids, one they won't forget in a hurry!

ChicaSlayer

Dec 16, 2016
I was there this last weekend. Not many people but they put on the shows. The Dolphin show is not that great but the encounter Royal was. There was 6 of us, I cant remember what we paid but it wasn't much. Even though there wasn't many people there, everything was opened and we had a good time.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
A quick report on our visit to Ocean World. We hired a minibus to supply the transportation between Santo Domingo and the North Coast. Very happy to not be involved with the driving. Had about ten kids of roughly 10 years of age and a few older folk to keep an eye on things. The kids had an absolute ball. They went nonstop for the whole day and were completely worn out by the time we all got home. I purchased a delightful framed photo of my daughter and a dolphin hugging each other. A bit on the boring side for the adults but very enjoyable watching the joy and the fun the kids were having. We were all citizens or residents. Averaged about U$ 40 apiece for the whole group.