Great VPN

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have finally discovered a VPN that doesn't slow down Netflix and also allows for Amazon Prime Video in DR too. It is F-Secure "FreeDome". It is $49.99/year for 3 devices and works for Android too so I can cast to my TV from my phone. And still access my bank accounts.

Does anyone have a cheaper VPN (one that doesn't slow you to a crawl). It allows a few days free trial.

Feb 7, 2007
Who is interested can PM me for a VPN and Smart DNS service that I use which is great and works with NFX and a tonload of other channels.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Does it work with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video?

I don't use either, but I can tell you it works with anything I have tried that was blocked. I would assume it would. It is one of the top rated VPN's out there.

They have a 7 day refund policy, so you can see for yourself.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't use either, but I can tell you it works with anything I have tried that was blocked. I would assume it would. It is one of the top rated VPN's out there.

They have a 7 day refund policy, so you can see for yourself.
Does it also work on Android and Apple devices?
Because F-Secure's Freedome does work on all your devices. Laptops, cell phones and tablets.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Well, I can tell you what doesn't work, Private Internet Access or PIA, useless, already paid for a year and Amazon Prime and BBC iPlayer both detect and block it - I think they check the IP address or the protocol, not sure which...

I think most VPNs start off great but then their IP and protocol are picked up by major players and are blocked shortly after (it's a game of cat and mouse) - hence their asking and offering cheap yearly subscriptions. I still use it for security/privacy though.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Does it also work on Android and Apple devices?
Because F-Secure's Freedome does work on all your devices. Laptops, cell phones and tablets.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I use it on Android. Don't use Apple so I can't comment on that.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well, I can tell you what doesn't work, Private Internet Access or PIA, useless, already paid for a year and Amazon Prime and BBC iPlayer both detect and block it - I think they check the IP address or the protocol, not sure which...

I think most VPNs start off great but then their IP and protocol are picked up by major players and are blocked shortly after (it's a game of cat and mouse) - hence their asking and offering cheap yearly subscriptions. I still use it for security/privacy though.

You are right - it does allow access to Amazon Prime but it does block the Prime Videos - it does seem to work with Netflix OK.
This is Amazons policy :3. GEOGRAPHIC VARIABILITY

Due to technical and other restrictions imposed by content providers, the Service is available only in certain locations. The Digital Content (including subtitled and dubbed audio versions of Digital Content) and how we offer Digital Content to you will vary over time and by location. Amazon will use technologies to verify your geographic location. You may not use any technology or technique to obscure or disguise your location.

Someone must have a way to access Amazon Prime in the DR ?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Prime videos work fine here with Delancer and the supplied US IP address. No VPN required.

Feb 7, 2007
I know that and I have that. I want access to the US version.
Unless you really want Netflix for movies and not TV shows, then Latin version is much better. Since there are so many TV shows on Latin version, I don't remember when I last watched movie on Netflix.
For example, Latin Netflix has Star Trek Discovery which in the USA is only on CBS Access Pass.

I would say about 30 to 40% US premiere shows are now on Latin Netflix one or two days after airing on US TV. Whereas, on US Netflix they have to recycle through TV Networks own streaming services first, then Hulu, then maybe Netflix USA.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
We did a Walking Dead marathon because next week starts season 8...

Netflix Latin has only the first 6 seasons, US version all 7 already... :D

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
I have been trying to find one that I can use Hulu on, but it seems they have cracked down on VPN s. Has anyone found one where You can pinpoint a VPN to a certain state?

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I use Expressvpn. The reason I chose it is that I can chat online with them immediately if I need help or info. And they are very helpful. And the service is good too.