Best place in Cabarete/Sosua to do a blood test

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Meaning the place with a trustworthy and fast lab that can perform a blood test of most things.

Thank you

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Best lab in SD is Referencia, but I don’t think they have locations outside of the capital 

they have 40 locations all over DR, including one in PP. but it makes no sense for the OP to travel to PP if it is simple blood test.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I have not seen Referencia on the north coast. This is the web site for that lab in Sosua along the main highway across from the Police Station and Playero:

http://www.laboratoriopuertoplata.com/

We use them all the time. Quick and efficient and you can get your results on line later that day. I actually had a set of labs done a while back and had them repeated by my Doc in the US (he did not trust DR labs) and guess what ...the results were the same.

Bob K

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bob K, most people don't know that you are a US medical doctor. I would value your comments on where to go.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Are you getting blood work done without a prescription?

If the bloodwork is just for some counts you want to check on and you're already familiar with your medical issue, you might be better off just dropping in to see Dr Freddy Salazar. Explain it to him and he'll help you out with a script. For a small cost.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I went into Labaratoriopuertoplata yesterday and they told me I need a paper from a doctor for my insurance to comer it. Insurance company told me CMC for Doctor so. Let´s see. Thanks or input

Yes, that is a good point. You do need a "prescription", or note from the doctor properly dated to have the insurance cover it.