Where to purchase Revista car sticker in POP

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
For the past 9 years I have paid for the revista sticker at Bank Reserva in Playa Dorada. No lines and I'm in and out. 10 years ago when I purchased my first sticker at Bank Reserva it was downtown POP. Parker was a problem and the lines started on the sidewalk outside. Is there any other place where you can purchase this sticker in POP? Or even in Sosua if its a good place. thanks Phil

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Assume you mean Marbete and not Revista. Here's the full list from the DGII website or you can pay online
https://dgii.gov.do/marbetes/preguntasFrecuentes.aspx#

Vía Ventanilla en las Asociaciones de Ahorros y Préstamos, Bancos y Cooperativas autorizadas:
Asociación Bonao de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación Cibao de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación Duarte de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación La Nacional de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación La Vega Real de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación Maguana de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación Mocana de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación Peravia de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación Popular de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Asociación Romana de Ahorros y Préstamos.
Bancamerica
Banco de Ahorro y Crédito ADEMI.
Banco ADOPEM.
Banco BDA.
Banco BDI.
Banco Caribe.
Banco CONFISA
Banco del Ahorro y Crédito del Caribe
Banco de Ahorro y Crédito de Las Américas.
Banco Empire
Banco Lopez de Haro
Banco Santa Cruz
Banco VIMENCA.
Banesco.
Bellbank.
Cooperativa Aspire.
Cooperativa Global de Loma de Cabrera.
Cooperativa San Miguel
Cooperativa Vega Real.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
You have till January to get them. The small bank across from Playero is the place to go in Sosua. I went last week and it took about 5 min total to register both cars. No problem and NO lines. You only need a copy of the matricula and nothing else

Bob K

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
I get the placa at Associacion La Nacional right in Pto. Plata, didn't know you could get the revista there as well, thanks I 'll try it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I get the placa at Associacion La Nacional right in Pto. Plata, didn't know you could get the revista there as well, thanks I 'll try it.

Sorry, I was referring to a "placa". Just bought mine at La nacional in Sosua on Friday. As far as I know, they are not issuing "revistas" right now.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
I'm asking about the revista. I normaly pay for it at Bank Reserva in Play Dorado, but this time they say they don't offer it there any more. Once I pay for it I go to the Stadium to get the car inspected and receive the sticker. The past 3 or 4 years they do not have any stickers so I keep the recept to show I paid for it. Just wanted to know of other places to buy one in POP, thanks

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm asking about the revista. I normaly pay for it at Bank Reserva in Play Dorado, but this time they say they don't offer it there any more. Once I pay for it I go to the Stadium to get the car inspected and receive the sticker. The past 3 or 4 years they do not have any stickers so I keep the recept to show I paid for it. Just wanted to know of other places to buy one in POP, thanks

As far as I know, they are only available when they are offered/required - seems like every 3 years or so - and no new ones are being offered/required right now that I know of(?). Also, I have never in 10 years had my car inspected - I've just bought the revista and put it on my windshield. Taxi drivers in Cabarete sell them for about a 200 peso premium. All the Dominicans I know buy them this way. Nobody I know has ever had their car inspected. I've never been questioned about a revista at any check point.

Haven't you ever seen all the trucks that don't even have fenders or a hood and all the taxis and privately owned cars with broken windshields and headlights and tail lights that don't work? They sure haven't passed any inspection!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
They're not currently available. The government was reorganizing how they go about inspecting and issuing the stickers but I haven't seen anything anywhere about them having sorted it out. When they do, you can be sure it'll be published everywhere.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They're not currently available. The government was reorganizing how they go about inspecting and issuing the stickers but I haven't seen anything anywhere about them having sorted it out. When they do, you can be sure it'll be published everywhere.

I find it interesting Cavok bought a revista from a Taxi driver in Cabarete.

Obviously a fake one, but who in the world would be producing fake revisitas at this stage of the game?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I find it interesting Cavok bought a revista from a Taxi driver in Cabarete.

Obviously a fake one, but who in the world would be producing fake revisitas at this stage of the game?

Definitely not fake. All the Dominicans and expats around here use the same guy - have been for years. The revista is a joke. Nobody I know has ever had their car inspected.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Definitely not fake. All the Dominicans and expats around here use the same guy - have been for years. The revista is a joke. Nobody I know has ever had their car inspected.

Last time revistas were available, there were lines a mile long to get a car inspected.  Mr AE and Mr. Matilda went together up in Mao, the wait on the south coast was ridiculous. 

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Last time revistas were available, there were lines a mile long to get a car inspected.  Mr AE and Mr. Matilda went together up in Mao, the wait on the south coast was ridiculous. 

Sorry to hear about the long lines and the hassle of an inspection. Sure glad we have V.I.P. service available up here on the North Coast! :classic:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Sorry to hear about the long lines and the hassle of an inspection. Sure glad we have V.I.P. service available up here on the North Coast! :classic:

There's a good joke in there somewhere.

AE, never lines if you go as soon as they're available. Everybody waits till the last minute.

I bought all of my marbetes the day after they went on sale. No worrying for another 15 months.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There's a good joke in there somewhere.

AE, never lines if you go as soon as they're available. Everybody waits till the last minute.

I bought all of my marbetes the day after they went on sale. No worrying for another 15 months.

This thread is kind of confusing, between revista and marbete.  Never a problem with marbete, fast and easy.  It was the last revista/inspection that had lines in SD.  I remember the thread about the wait times.