American Airlines Temporary Flights

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
FYI: Starting December 15th to January 7th, anyone who wants to fly to DR. AA will have a special temporary flights from JFK to Santo Domingo and Santiago but be warned the fares will be very high. Just a tip for anyone ;)
Cheers

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
FYI: Starting December 15th to January 7th, anyone who wants to fly to DR. AA will have a special temporary flights from JFK to Santo Domingo and Santiago but be warned the fares will be very high. Just a tip for anyone ;)
Cheers

Flying on AA from JFK in december, bought our tickets this week.

I paid a little above $650 a piece. Never paid so little for the season in the past 5 years, I have to fly during the SUPER high season because of children needing to get back to school. Everything was 900+ for my dates.

Never flown to DR with AA. Hope it goes well.

Hector L

Jun 11, 2010
AA dloes well to thr DR.  Never understood why they discontinued flights from NYC to Santo Domingo

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
AA dloes well to thr DR.  Never understood why they discontinued flights from NYC to Santo Domingo
Ahem...

[video=youtube;ntvG16Uo9u4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntvG16Uo9u4[/video]

Ahem...

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What be a temporary flight?

Additional flights that were added to routes for a temporary period of time. In this case, the Christmas season, December 15th to January 7th, when many Dominicans return home to RD for the holidays. After this time frame, they will return to their regular schedules.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Looked at some of the airfares on AA for my son to come to DR for the Holidays (school break). Over $1200 RT for the days we are looking at. Jet Blue coming in at around $875.00. Probably waited a bit too long this year in getting the ticket but not sure if we would have Christmas in the US or DR.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Looked at some of the airfares on AA for my son to come to DR for the Holidays (school break). Over $1200 RT for the days we are looking at. Jet Blue coming in at around $875.00. Probably waited a bit too long this year in getting the ticket but not sure if we would have Christmas in the US or DR.

I got very lucky, I had set up an alert on google flights. 800+ is usually what I pay for this time of the year, it sucks to be dependent on school holidays. :tired:

Now, if I could figure out their luggage fees (i know i should just call but..)