Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POP to Jarabacoa and Jarabacoa to Sosua

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default POP to Jarabacoa and Jarabacoa to Sosua

Is there a reasonable priced alternative to Caribe tours bus from Puerto Plata airport to Jarabacoa and returning to Sosua? Looking for a faster option without an expensive taxi. I have been told 2 hours and almost 4 for the bus. Do you have to go through La Vega? Seems to be a 45 minute bus trip just to get there from Jarabacoa. Do you go from the airport to La Vega or does it go to Santiago? Hard to understand the Caribe Tours website in Spanish, I don't see any way to translate into English.
    Thanks for any input.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

From Puerto Plata city to Jarabacoa on Caribe Tours bus four hours for the trip sounds about right. You would need to take Caribe Tours to La Vega and transfer to the Caribe Tours bus to Jarabacoa.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hè or she asks for an alternative, I understand. Sorry if I am wrong.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeeB View Post
    Is there a reasonable priced alternative to Caribe tours bus from Puerto Plata airport to Jarabacoa and returning to Sosua? Looking for a faster option without an expensive taxi. I have been told 2 hours and almost 4 for the bus. Do you have to go through La Vega? Seems to be a 45 minute bus trip just to get there from Jarabacoa. Do you go from the airport to La Vega or does it go to Santiago? Hard to understand the Caribe Tours website in Spanish, I don't see any way to translate into English.
    Thanks for any input.

Is renting a car a good option??

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Bus schedule La Vega to Jarabacoa. You can click on the interactive map (http://www.caribetours.com.do/site/portada/). Locate your salida (departure) city and your destino (arrival city) for schedule and prices. Your trip Puerto Plata to Jarabacoa would be listed as two separate trips.

Needless to say you would need to leave Puerto Plata with ample time to arrive at La Vega or a long wait if you just miss the Jarabacoa bus.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    Hè or she asks for an alternative, I understand. Sorry if I am wrong.
    WOW, pretty easy to figure that out. The OP also has some confusion with the Caribe Tours bus and how to go about it. I hope you don't mind if I try to clarify his/her confusion with that matter. After all, it is my time and keystrokes.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe take uber? they already offer services in PP area.

North Coast Moderator

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Driving ourselves is not an option. Car hire perhaps? Any sort of shuttle service offered where you can share with other passengers?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats the budget because cheaper than CT will be hard.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast