Taxes Collected from Three Scoflaws

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Remember how Santiago's mayor erected a billboard with the names of the businesses who hadn't paid their taxes?? Here's an update, I couldn't find the original thread it was in

Three delinquent companies have already paid the City of Santiago

NEWS| 20 OCT 2017, 12:00 AM

SANTIAGO. After several days of publishing a list of companies that owed millions to the local City Council, two new companies were removed from a giant billboard that was placed in an important avenue of this city.

The companies that were updated with the payment of the taxes in the Cabildo were Orange Dominicana, of telecommunications and McDonalds, of the gastronomic area.

The first company to settle its debts with the local municipality was Coca-Cola, through the company Bepensa Dominicana.

There are seven other companies or businesses published on the billboard that is placed between the avenues Juan Pablo Duarte and Salvador Estrella Sadhalá.

The placement of this billboard containing the names of delinquent businesses with the City Council provoked a public debate with sectors in favor and sectors against the measure.

Even the Association of Merchants and Industrialists of Santiago (ACIS) recommended to its associates, through a circular, not to pay the municipal taxes, if their names appear in the publication.

Meanwhile other sectors supported the measure, claiming that the City Council of this city is empowered by laws and special ordinances to do this type of publication. NP

computer translated from: https://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/dos-empresas-pagan-a-la-alcaldia-de-santiago-IA8417596

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
having just experienced the depth of the new AMET system.... watch for more traffic ticket fines being paid.

My record was clean in July 2017...
I had new licenses issued in 2012 & 2016.... with clean records.

A search in October yielded a speeding ticket - from 2011 !!!

Good News ?
When you pay at Ban Reservas it is instantaneously recorded.... real time program.

RD trudges towards computerization.....

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Public shaming works for companies and individuals. Might be more appropriate to demand payment and then shutter these companies until they pay but naming them on a billboard is probably easier, cheaper and just as effective.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The relationship between Impuestos Internos and each client is supposed to be confidential ,,,it says so on various documents .. bit as I have written before there is evidence now that various departments in the government are sharing information about people that one would think was private .

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
having just experienced the depth of the new AMET system.... watch for more traffic ticket fines being paid.

Good News ?
When you pay at Ban Reservas it is instantaneously recorded.... real time program.

Now if the banks could just get their acts together.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

Good News ?

I think some sort of Amet scam is going on as more and more people now unable to get Buena Conducta due to Amet fines on their records going back years. Even though they had clean records a few months ago and have never been stopped by Amet.

Matilda