Bottle Caps

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
This morning, the security guard/watchman of the residential complex I happen to be house sitting in at the moment, respectfully asked me if I could save all the bottle caps that I may have, and otherwise discard, as he can use them to aid a sick relative. He would like them separated into two categories, metal and plastic. Has anybody else ever come across this situation, or have experience as such?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Many also collect empty bottles. Presidente for example pays them for it. (Well, there are middle men who buy them from the collectors and sell the truckload to Presidente etc.).

Also there are bottles that will be re-used, be it to fill honey into them and sell them or other stuff (Mama Juana), Gasoline in the country side for example or brews for Santeria ;).

These bottles do not all come with the caps, so there you go.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
No, this had nothing to do with the bottles, which I am fully aware of possible uses. I asked, but this is not what he was wanting. He specifically mentioned bottle caps/tops, and if possible, separate them into the two categories, metal and plastic. He had no interest in the bottles themselves, and he was adamant about it being for him to assist a sick relative.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Then I do not know. I wish you good luck with your further investigation. :D

Maybe he plays Fallout.... Bottle caps are currency there. ;) :cool:

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Ronald McDonald house I believe also collects the "tabs" from cans ....it is done as a way of raising funds for its work

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Then I do not know. I wish you good luck with your further investigation. :D

Maybe he plays Fallout.... Bottle caps are currency there. ;) :cool:

Not an investigation per se, but rather, seeking an assurance that a person I do not know may be calculating my expenditures in a given period of time.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
71GV79NPpZL._UL1500_.jpg

Nah, I do not believe that. :D

Does he have a calculator?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Plastic caps are sold to kids, to be used in the game of 'vitillas,' our version of Wiffle ball

It aids in developing hand-eye coordination, especially while hitting curveballs.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Plastic caps are sold to kids, to be used in the game of 'vitillas,' our version of Wiffle ball

It aids in developing hand-eye coordination, especially while hitting curveballs.

yes but those caps are off the 5gal water bottles.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
some topic's just amaze me here.....tracking your money buy counting your bottle caps......smh

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
some topic's just amaze me here.....tracking your money buy counting your bottle caps......smh

It was previously mentioned in Post #13 that the example of tracking expenditures was in the midst of a light hearted moment. What was serious was the OP, in which the question asked was if anybody had any experience in saving or collecting bottle cops for people that may be in need of some sort of medical help, as this is what the security guard originally stated. Maybe it is for a charitable cause. I really do not know, and I'll have to wait until his next scheduled shifts to inquire.