recommendations for quality restaurant

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I'm going to SD for a few days and need recommendations for chinese restaurants that preferably serve dim sum for breakfast, wor wonton or similar for lunch, szechuan for dinner.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We enjoyed Jade Restaurant near Ferriteria Americana on Kennedy. Don’t know if they specifically offer what you asked about , I had ribs that were outstanding 

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Helloooooo

Thanks. I'm looking for Cantonese and also Szechuan.

You are going to the Dominican Republic and not to NY. Stick with Jade ! Quality Fast Food with Tables.
Asking for Province based Chinese food in the DR . Hahaha

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Bella Cristal on Roberto Pastoriza (near av. churchill)

El Chino de Marisco on av Sarasota, between Bella Vista mall and Almacenes Unidos. The latter I have never tried because I don’t like mariscos but heard it’s very much appreciated by the Chinese population in DR. 

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
You are going to the Dominican Republic and not to NY. Stick with Jade ! Quality Fast Food with Tables.
Asking for Province based Chinese food in the DR . Hahaha

I'm in the Dominican Republic and there is a reasonably sized China town in SD. It's not out of the realm of possibilities to get both cantonese and szechuan....so as the say in Hong Kong fuk yu.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I'm going to SD for a few days and need recommendations for chinese restaurants that preferably serve dim sum for breakfast, wor wonton or similar for lunch, szechuan for dinner.

Good restaurant in Santo Domingo does not exist. All crappy. Salty uneven seasoning. Wacky portions. Cook at home if possible.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I'm in the Dominican Republic and there is a reasonably sized China town in SD. It's not out of the realm of possibilities to get both cantonese and szechuan....so as the say in Hong Kong fuk yu.

You cannot get a wok hot enough to cook Chinese food w propane.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Most people recommend Delicia Campestre in Chinatown. Certainly it's mainly full of Chinese people most nights, and most nights it is very busy. I have eaten there many times. I think Jade is horrible in comparison, the food always comes out almost cold, gloopy, like the sort of thing you'd expect in a food court of a shopping mall.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Most people recommend Delicia Campestre in Chinatown. Certainly it's mainly full of Chinese people most nights, and most nights it is very busy. I have eaten there many times. I think Jade is horrible in comparison, the food always comes out almost cold, gloopy, like the sort of thing you'd expect in a food court of a shopping mall.

I bet the tostones are pretty good there though

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Go to China town. Food is great and very inexpensive. Ask a Chinaman which restaurant to go to. I can't remember the name of the one I always eat at.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
................. I think Jade is horrible in comparison, the food always comes out almost cold, gloopy, like the sort of thing you'd expect in a food court of a shopping mall.

I tried Jade in Santiago a few weeks ago and wasn't impressed at all. Left with the feeling I will never go back.

Now fast food Jade Teriyaki in Agora Mall isn't too bad.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Go to China town. Food is great and very inexpensive. Ask a Chinaman which restaurant to go to. I can't remember the name of the one I always eat at.

Yup I'll wander around, do a recon. I'll get back to you'all with recommendations.Thanks for the input.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Yup I'll wander around, do a recon. I'll get back to you'all with recommendations.Thanks for the input.

Most people recommend Delicia Campestre in Chinatown..................

Yes, Delicia is pretty darn good. Much better than any of the restaurants on duarte.

2mmgtc0.jpg

If they serve you this,,,,,,,,,,,,, CAUTION!

vqnon6.jpg