Chateaubriand Restaurant Punta Cana Village

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Went there twice. Excellent restaurant. The NY Steak is the best you will get anywhere around here by far.But if you are looking to save money scratch it off your list.

But for fine dining you cannot beat it in Punta Cana, Bavaro area. Everything is ala carte, so the bill does rise.

NY Steak is $38 US.

The bill comes in 3 prices, Pesos, US, or Euro. You can pay in any one of these currencies.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I went by there today. Looks like a OK place. I just can't justify the high American prices at a place like this. $38.00 USD for a steak plus the alacart items plus 28% tax and tip just doesn't make sense to me.
If you like this type of place I would suggest you try it quickly as I can't see it lasting very long.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The prices are high, but it is easily the best restaurant in Punta Cana now. The NY Steak at $38 is advertised at 24 ounces and it seems to be more. Can feed two people if you like.

Like I said when I started this thread, if you are looking to save money go elsewhere. But if you want a great meal this is the place.

And it will not be closing anytime soon. Last time I was there with Badpiece they were so full I could not get my usual table.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Ok. Next time we are going out for dinner in PC village I will try to convince everyone to try it. It could be a while but when you consider how many "new" places we tried we really don't have anything to lose.
I will let you know either way.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Now I will give you a place to go where you will have a hard time spending money. Punta Italia next to the S. Juan Mall. Best pizza you can find. Fresh Italian Deli sandwiches made to order. Pasta, etc.

The owners are two guys from Northern Italy, near Venice.

They also have a great selection of Italian wines at very good prices. But these wines are not budget type, so stick to the food if you are looking to save. If not, the Amarone Vollipicella is tops on my list.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Is this in the same general area as Noah's. I've been to Viencia's several times but can't picture where Punta Italia is.
Please let me know when you have a minute.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is this in the same general area as Noah's. I've been to Viencia's several times but can't picture where Punta Italia is.
Please let me know when you have a minute.

Yes, from Noah's walk out and go left towards the street. It is on the right side just before the street. Across from Universal Insurance.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I haven't been to Chateaubriand but everyone I know who has eaten there has said it was excellent but described it as a place for very special occasions only, due to the high prices.
I second the recommendation for Punto Italia - very good value for money but the service is not great in my experience.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Ok. Next time we are going out for dinner in PC village I will try to convince everyone to try it. It could be a while but when you consider how many "new" places we tried we really don't have anything to lose.
I will let you know either way.

Really who would you say are the diners?
Tourists? Locals? PC Village very very very quiet.  You know owner is owner of Accentos Bistro.  He is a wonderful man. So happy to hear that you say it is packed always.  Extremely expensive and geared to the famous expense account.  And the naming Chateaubriand.  So very wonderfully French.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Really who would you say are the diners?
Tourists? Locals? PC Village very very very quiet.  You know owner is owner of Accentos Bistro.  He is a wonderful man. So happy to hear that you say it is packed always.  Extremely expensive and geared to the famous expense account.  And the naming Chateaubriand.  So very wonderfully French.

Sky. Still waiting for reply regarding who all the diners were in Chateaubriand restaurant..tourists or locals. I would like to know before I decide to make a reservation. Thanks

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The times of restaurants operating for five to ten years seems to be that of a bygone era. I have seen many concepts globally that are content with retrieving their initial investment, seizing upon the quick beginning profit (the proverbial quick hit), and then shutting their doors in order to move on to the next concept/money maker. Sort of like "flipping" a home. Not to say this is the case here, but it would not be surprising either.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
since Chirimoya hasn't been there yet, perhaps she and husband would go with my wife and myself in mid- January as our guests! Will be making our annual trip to TBH then. After dinner, your husband can take me to a local colmado to get our ice cold presidente, como vestida de novia
just let us know
david aguilucho

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
since Chirimoya hasn't been there yet, perhaps she and husband would go with my wife and myself in mid- January as our guests! Will be making our annual trip to TBH then. After dinner, your husband can take me to a local colmado to get our ice cold presidente, como vestida de novia
just let us know
david aguilucho
Hi David, I'll reply by PM. My carnivorous son will jump at the chance!

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
look for a date for you 3 for the week of 1/13 to 20th
i need to find a good colmado like the one by the exit of the workers by TBH many years ago
we should invite SKY as well

ha ha
the original colmado, not the other one that was knocked down on the road to cap cana exit

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I went by there today. Looks like a OK place. I just can't justify the high American prices at a place like this. $38.00 USD for a steak plus the alacart items plus 28% tax and tip just doesn't make sense to me.
If you like this type of place I would suggest you try it quickly as I can't see it lasting very long.
I'll settle for $8 Churasco with chimicurri and a couple cold bottles of Bohemia with money left for flan or ice cream and finish it off with a Baileys (or two)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The times of restaurants operating for five to ten years seems to be that of a bygone era. I have seen many concepts globally that are content with retrieving their initial investment, seizing upon the quick beginning profit (the proverbial quick hit), and then shutting their doors in order to move on to the next concept/money maker. Sort of like "flipping" a home. Not to say this is the case here, but it would not be surprising either.

In SD that’s happening a lot, the relatively few restaurant owners have several of the top / popular places but probably know that what is popular changes (even more so in DR where everything that is new is popular)  and they keep changing concepts, names, etc. to keep turning their investment around. There are exceptions ofcourse. 

What surprised me recently that La dolcerie seems to have hange their concept. It used to be a good and reasonably priced place, always packed, albeit with many teenager birthday dinners. Now they moved to the high-end , more expensive segment, the segment that doesn’t lack restaurants (SBG, Laurel, Buche Perico, etc etc. style). They’ll lose their loyal customers that don’t want to spend more than 1500-2000 pesos per person and in my opinion will have a hard time competing with the saturated segment of high end restaurants.