Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Robin Berstein, the appointed US ambassador to DR

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default U.S. envoy to D.R. yet to be confirmed.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/...blic-wpbf-com/

Florida woman to be envoy to Dominican Republic: wpbf.com

Santo Domingo.-  US president Donald Trump on Wednesday said he will nominate Robin Bernstein to be ambassador to the Dominican Republic, wpbf.com reports.
    “Bernstein has served as President and Director of Richard S. Bernstein and Associates, Inc. since 2004, and Vice President and Director of Rizbur, Inc. since 2002, according to the White House press release,” the outlet reports, quoting a statement.
    The release, according to wpbf.com, adds that Bernstein is cofounder of Palm Beach Country Cares, a Florida relief effort for victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

I think that this is the same person that was announced back in Feb. but still has not been confirmed or maybe not even brought to a vote yet? I wonder how much time she would actually be living in the D.R. vs jetting back and forth to her home around Mar a Lago? I have not seen anything about her relief efforts and believe me, my wife and I pay a lot of attention to the efforts and situation in P.R.

(guess I'll google now)

2. Likes mountainannie liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes DR Solar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Una cerveza por favor.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

6. Likes DR Solar, Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Can’t be worse than Wally 

8. Likes Garyexpat, pelaut liked this post
    Dislikes Hector L disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Una cerveza por favor.
    So Sorry Chiri. I hit the wrong thingy.... I REALLY LIKED your post.

Edit: maybe I DID hit the "likes" button. lol

10. Likes Chirimoya liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    I Googled and found so much stuff........ that does not qualify her as an ambassador anywhere other then what you said: "and she speaks 'basic Spanish'".

(bad AM on the keyboard)

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who is Robin Berstein, the appointed US ambassador to DR

From DR1 Daily News - Thursday, 2 November 2017:

Trump chooses experienced business consultant for US Ambassador to DR
    On 1 November 2017, President Donald Trump announced his intent to nominate Robin Bernstein to be Ambassador of the United States of America to the Dominican Republic. She would be a political appointee, as her predecessor James Brewster. Her background does not show diplomatic experience.

In more recent years, Bernstein has served as president and director of Richard S. Bernstein and Associates, Inc., an insurance group, she owns with her husband in West Palm Beach, Florida. She has also been vice president and director of Rizbur Inc., a leading West Palm Beach business consulting service.

The World Affairs Palm Beach website describes Berstein as a successful political and business strategist. Past clients of Rizbur Consulting have included Donald Trump, Governor Bob Graham, Congressmen Harry Johnston, Robert Wexler and Mark Foley, Judge Richard Wennet, City councilwoman Annie Delgado, Mayor Jack Macdonald, Palm Beach Town Councilman Norman Goldblum and Town Councilwoman Penney Townsend, and County Commissioner Ken Spillias among many others. Her business clients include Westco Development, Citizens for Mizner Park, Greenpark Management, Boca Raton CRA and Artist Laurance Rassin.

She is one of the 25 founding member of Trump's exclusive Mar-a-Lago 118-room private club in Palm Beach, Florida. She is an advisory board member of the World Affairs Council of Palm Beach, Inc.

The White House reported that currently, Bernstein is co-founder of Palm Beach Country Cares, a Florida relief effort for victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

Bernstein received her BA in Russian Area Studies and International Studies from the 
School of international Service in Washington, D.C. She began her political career 
there as an intern and then staff member for the Committee to Elect Scoop 
Jackson President. Shortly thereafter, she worked briefly on the Presidential 
Campaign for Hubert H. Humphrey and then as a staff member of the Joint 
Economic Committee of Congress. She received a Presidential appointment from 
President Jimmy Carter to the US Department of Commerce, Office of the 
Assistant Secretary for Policy, after serving as a member of President-elect 
Carter’s Transition Team.

She received her MBA in Economics and Strategic Planning from George Washington University in 1981. Shortly afterwards, she moved to Florida and joined the campaign to elect Ken Spillias to the Palm Beach County commission. She joined Commissioner Spillias as an administrative assistant and 
afterwards created her own political consulting business.

The appointment of Bernstein had first been mentioned in February 2017.

Since 1984 she has been married to Richard Bernstein. Together they have three daughters, Ariel, Alexandra and Julia and currently live in Palm Beach, 
Florida.

13. Dislikes Hector L disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New US Ambassador to DR

Some months back there were rumors that Robin Bernstein was Trumps pick for US ambassador to the DR....now its a fact...
    what I don't get is how by announcing she "speaks French and basic Spanish” is somehow bragging???...former Ambassador Brewster's knowledge of Spanish was very rudimentary at best if at all.... btw for the record I'm not a Trump fan...

Read more: http://forward.com/fast-forward/3866...basic-spanish/

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Right
    as if any of the comments/opinions here will affect the decision or its timing

Futile

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Can’t be worse than Wally 
    i agree. as we all were told in these pages, Wally was made Ambassador because he was active in campaigning for Obama during the election cycles.

crap!! i missed this...this lady is a member of Trump's exclusive 200,000 per year Mar A Lago club.

who knew....

17. Likes Kipling333 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast