Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electricity Pact may lead to job losses - about time

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So in effect it would be a pre-paid option based on historical prior usage, if you are indeed responsible with maintaining your monthly bills, and understanding the voltage/k-wattage you consume on average monthly. This isn't a problem for most, surprisingly for some here, Dominicans included.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    So in effect it would be a pre-paid option based on historical prior usage, if you are indeed responsible with maintaining your monthly bills, and understanding the voltage/k-wattage you consume on average monthly. This isn't a problem for most, surprisingly for some here, Dominicans included.
    Prepaid by going to a pay-point and paying however much you want to add to the meter. When the amount runs out, you pay again or you have zero electricity until you do. Very effective as long as they don't figure out a way to remove the meter from the circuit. Thinks if prepaid telephone service. A business model many Dominicans know very well.

Now if they do remove the meter from the circuit and go back to stealing electricity, they actually have to face a criminal penalty and that is something the government has not had the balls to do up to this point. Time will tell. In may case things are supposed to improve before the new year.

3. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I really don't mean anything against your wife by what I am about to say, so please don't take it personally.

My personal experience with Edenorte is that everyone they hire has to fail an intelligence test.

Now, back to a situation we have. Our area is the last circuit I am aware of in Cabarete that does not have 24/7 power. We have been told that in December, the upgrades they have been doing over the past several months will finally allow us to have 24/7 power AND we will actually have 24/7 power such as that can be here. I tell them that if they simply left the power on all of the time, we would have 24/7 power now. They don't get it.
    The don't get it attitude is a defense.
    Imagine if you sat in an office all day and had to defend Edenorte polices and procedures to hordes of angry people who had been abused and cheated by a system that does not work.

Your particular situation is compounded by the fact that you know more about what they are supposed to do than they do.
    Hope you get your December Christmas present.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    The don't get it attitude is a defense.
    Imagine if you sat in an office all day and had to defend Edenorte polices and procedures to hordes of angry people who had been abused and cheated by a system that does not work.

Your particular situation is compounded by the fact that you know more about what they are supposed to do than they do.
    Hope you get your December Christmas present.
    Thanks, perhaps the latest words everyone is hearing are finally true.

Of course the attitude is built up over years of a failed government owned company that gave out electricity as a form of welfare while people suffered through poor service and blackouts. It was a huge mistake to allow people to steal electricity for so long.

6. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    No, it's more like adding minutes to your phone if you have a prepago plan. You prepay your electricity, when the money runs out, no more lights.
    I saw this in practice two weeks ago in a twelve unit apartment complex outside Punta Cana; didn't know that was a payment option for electric service.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2dlight View Post
    I saw this in practice two weeks ago in a twelve unit apartment complex outside Punta Cana; didn't know that was a payment option for electric service.
    It is the current attempt to get people to pay who would otherwise be stealing electricity. It is meeting success in Santo Domingo and apparently in Punta Cana. The prepaid keypad device I saw was on an inside wall of an apartment in Santo Domingo. Time will tell if it works on the last straggling circuit in Cabarete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12