Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Service Dog SDQ?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IslandDreaming View Post
    Friend of mine was in process of renting an apartment, $500.00 non refundable deposit for Jack Russell then the kicker; $75.00 per month for dog?

What is the monthly fee all about?

He talked to a couple potential neighbors with leashes attached and found the "counter" to this new pet charge was to have a friendly Doctor sign form saying pet was therapy, not service but therapy animal then the HOA or rental company must forgo any deposit or monthly fee

It is a game on both sides in this situation where the average Joe Turnip gets bagged for owning a pet
    I think that's only partially true. Many condo associations in Florida as well as down here have a pet weight limit - typically around 20 pounds. So what many people are starting to do to game the system is that, if they want to buy or rent in one of these condos and have a dog over 20 lbs, they simply play the "emotional support animal" scam. It's really getting out of control.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

LOts of places - apartments, hotels -- etc...

NO ANIMALS

the way of the world

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    LOts of places - apartments, hotels -- etc...

NO ANIMALS

the way of the world
    Sad but true. The result of jerks not being responsible about their dog and it's behavior.
    I am a dog lover and I am in favor of anything pro dog.
    The airlines and people overly concerned about scams and correctness be damned.
    I prefer man's best friend over many people I have met.
    In Washington D.C. the expression is if you want a friend in this town get a dog. True everywhere.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

two points: Jetblue allows two animals total on their flights, I've transported my cat both ways once.
    Service dogs are just that, they are trained to provide certain services and should not be in the same class as emotional support animals.

5. Likes zoomzx11, Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

JetBlue is in cabin
    Many airline have stopped cargo dogs 
    So people have adjusted 

7. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlheinz View Post
    two points: Jetblue allows two animals total on their flights, I've transported my cat both ways once.
    Service dogs are just that, they are trained to provide certain services and should not be in the same class as emotional support animals.

We brought Lily (the rottie in the photo above) from DR to the USA when she was a tiny puppy, her parents were our dogs there.  We flew American Airlines, and they allowed up to 4 animals per flight.  Each airline is different.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

JetBlue now allows you to bring a pet onboard for 100.00 - You can add them when you do a reservation online. 

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

May be a limit per flight, as AE says...usually is
    - so book early.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cruzan1 View Post
    JetBlue now allows you to bring a pet onboard for 100.00 - You can add them when you do a reservation online. 

If they are like American, pet must be under 20 pounds and fit under the seat in front of you in a case.  They charged $125

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345