Picking up Birth Certificate in San Francisco de Macoris??

Aug 29, 2017
Does anyone know of a contact I can pay a few pesos to request my birth certificate from the Junta in San Francisco de Macoris?? I'm trying to get my cedula in the USA and the consulate requested a birth ceritficate from the country. I would of course pay for transportation, the price of the birth certificate, and shipping costs to ship it to the USA.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Have you inquired if this type of transaction is permissible? I'm not sure that that the Junta would release this information to just any third party. You may have to notify them in writing, and an attorney (such as power of attorney/legal attache) may be required. Others here may know better, but I have never come across an allowable situation as such.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If your birth certificate is in the system it can be picked up at any Registro Civil / Junta in the country. However, if you just have the paper from the JCE in the capital when you became a citizen then it has to be in the place you wish to be registered. The Junta documentation has to be submitted and then they will write you into the book of births, marriages, deaths and then issue your birth cert and enter it into the system. I am not sure whether a third party can do option 2 for you. However to answer Caonabos question, anyone can pick up any certificate for anyone. I do it all the time for people. You don't need to notify in writing, nor a power of attorney. There is also a company called http://dominicancertificates.com/ and they do it as well. They also have an on line chat which is good, so OP try asking them. I don't think they are particularly cheap - a little more than a few pesos.

Matilda

Aug 29, 2017
So it turns out the alternative by the service that gets birth certificate is charging over $300 which is extremely pricey so if anyone else has any other ideas that would be extremely helpful!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If it is in the system, ie you have taken the papers which the junta gave you to SFM, they entered it in the book and put it in the system then I can get it for you from the local junta to me.

Matildaa