Looking for property

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
Hi.

Im looking to purchase (preferably) beach front property in the Bavaro / Cabeza de Torro area. Aprox 30,000sq. For a small business. Can anyone give me advice on how to proceed or get me in touch with a real estate agent.
Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks,
Vanessa

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Property

I am going to keep this short and to the point.

You need to visit the area, you do not want to buy swamp property(Brooklyn Bridge), do not rely on long distance business deals or assistance.

Beachfront property value in the area you mention is very high. Talk of a new highway through the area from Punta Cana airport to Ulvero Alto has driven prices up, a lot of speculators investing.
Also, the gov't has been eyeballing some of the land in the area for it's own use. You buy, they take.

Be careful of land fraud. You need to see a clean title for any property that is offered. If it can't be produced forget any deal.

Best bet is to deal with a real estate agent from Higuey, they have been around longer and know the area. Agents based around the resort areas are transient, here today, gone tomorrow.

Get a reputable lawyer.

And again, visit the area.

Regards, PJT

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
Thanks for your reply. And your help. I know that were looking a pricey piece of land!

I was just there, got back Saturday. What I'm hoping to do is get in touch with a real estate agent, and find out what is available, line up a few things and then go down again and visit them all.

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
it will be very difficult (if not imposible) to find a small beach front land in cabeza de toro or any beach area in PC. they are reserved for big projects. also those lands are very very expensives. we are talking of milions of dollars.
there are some small properties in playa El Cortesito. this place is good for small business (restaurant,bar, clubs, inn, etc)

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
sigh

Yes, Im strating to realise that! Yikes! It would be a very risky investment to spend that much on land.
Can you tell me where exactly El Cortesito is in relation to all the resorts in the Bavaro area? Does that area draw many tourists? I have seen some listings for land at reasonable prices there.
Im really keen on getting something up and running. I dont wanna give up yet!
Thanks!
Vanessa

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
Thanks for the advice! I Think! hehe.

I am planning on taking my time. And lots of it! I am planning on doing a lot of research, including many trips back and forth. I also have a number of friends down there that I've known for years and even some extended family that are willing to do alot of the leg work for us. I simply meant that I'm not ready to give up hope! But yes, I spose eager beaver would be an appropriate term!