Las Velas. New resort coming to Luperon?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
So this is a dream project right? When I say dream, I mean these investors are dreaming into another century. Never gonna happen is my bet.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
So this is a dream project right? When I say dream, I mean these investors are dreaming into another century. Never gonna happen is my bet.

Certainly not as shown in the video. That's just some architects expensive wet dream. Once the calculators come out everything changes back to rectangular boxes.

And I always get a kick out of the "Ecological Friendly Green Villages". To be really ecological friendly you would need to live in a cave naked and compost your own body waste. Who wants to do that?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For years a project for Luperon has been discussed. Who knows, maybe this is "the one"..

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Nice Modern Architecture though.....
There is always hope.
Like all development dreams it comes at a price......
Sad thing is that a lot of such developments fail somewhere at the 50% unfinished point.
Proper financing and all permits in place which could take years. Unless Government intervenes and removes all the graft that turns projects from dreams to nightmares , and it might have a chance.
I am positive on this one.
But, what ever happened to Punta Alma Project ?
Why did someone not take over Luperon Beach Resort; refit it , modernize it, then open for business.
These are the criteria that makes pessimists out of otherwise believers.

I guess we'll see .
Russell

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I can envision the billboard along the autopista...Las Velas, Donde Siempre Hay Luz. Sorry, thought it was Friday already.

ChelseaRose

Jul 16, 2017
Hmmm, I love how at night the solar panels disappear from the Marina building - when the sun goes down I guess you don't need them out anymore, huh? This project looks about as "organic" and "ecologically friendly" as the thin plastic cups I get with my jumbo from the colmado.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Eco friendly indeed. Like the Miracle Mile was to be in Cabarate and then the Eco Tech park that is now banned from being on a portion of that same land near La Boca.

Developers float out an idea and see how many fish bite. They build as much as they get paid for and when the money stops they will walk away and do something somewhere else leaving the project as is and rarely as envisioned.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Eco friendly indeed. Like the Miracle Mile was to be in Cabarate and then the Eco Tech park that is now banned from being on a portion of that same land near La Boca.

Developers float out an idea and see how many fish bite. They build as much as they get paid for and when the money stops they will walk away and do something somewhere else leaving the project as is and rarely as envisioned.

Correct you are. Fraudulent development projects are arguably the second oldest profession in the world. For this project, I found the architectural animation to be slightly below 2017 standards, with the absence of stationary or moving people images, although there were two automobiles in front of an entrance in the beginning, as well as the watercraft moving about amidst some calm waves in the water. The computer generated images assist the potential investors who are usually unable to grasp the complexity and spatial qualities of such large projects without the help of such computer generated visual aids, especially in today's times. Moreover, I did find the soundtrack to be a quite enjoyable listen.