NLB restaurnt; Sosua

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
NLB = Nelson's Lounge Bistro. 809-571-3253. Open a few months now and though my wife would go to pick up orders this was our first time that both went for dinner. Very nice.

Located just north and across from Super Pola and though NLB has a small parking lot; using the lot at Super Pola is a lot easier and very close. NLB has a large colorful children's play castle that you can not miss. A couple of trampolines with safety netting is also provided. The layout is such that if you want to watch the kids you can be close and if not, tables further away and indoor seating also. They do private parties and we watched as one was being set up indoors for a child with lots of B-Day stuff being set up. I had to smile thinking that young Zoe and her friends were going to have a really good time. The landscaping is well done making a pleasant atmosphere that helps shield the street from the tables.

No sit at bar but full cocktail service at the tables. Menu's? Several menu's with just about something or many items that is sure to please anyone. Price? We really don't look at the prices. We are concerned with atmosphere, service and quality. Even the tables are spread out some so everyone has room moving about with ease.

5PM the place is pretty much empty so nice for my wife and I to have a drink and talk. A waiter recognized my wife from her out order pick ups and was very attentive without hovering. Another waiter also recognized her so more pleasant greetings but again no one was intrusive or pushy. We took some time to look at all the menu's but since my wife promised me a GOOD PIZZA we each ordered different ones. We were not disappointed at all. One of the bests pizzas that I have had in Sosua in a very long time.

I ate half of my pizza and my wife less then half. Guess what we had from breakfast this morning? A still enough left over for lunch.

I saw a hamburger going to a table and it was HUGE!

They do delivery but we have not tried that yet.

I don't usually recommend eating places but this one has earned my thumbs up. I hope that you try them and post your personal experience also.

Thanks.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Sorry, just noticed that I put this in the wrong area. MOD please move to North Coast. Ty.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
This is has become one of our favourite restaurants. Pizza is excellent as is everything else we've tried, but it's our go-to place for pizza and burgers. Never disappointed.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I agree, my favorite place now. But interesting story about it (from my know all friend). The owner is the owner of Playero (reason food os so good :)) and he built it so Super Polo couldn't expand (they were planning to do something on the piece of land). Now thats the gossip ...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hard to understand how Super Pola could expand to a spot down the road and across a street from their current spot.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
This is has become one of our favourite restaurants. Pizza is excellent as is everything else we've tried, but it's our go-to place for pizza and burgers. Never disappointed.

Great to have another place to get good pizza - I find that it's hard to find Black Olives (or green) and Green Bell Pepper in a lot of places in DR. Who can eat pizza without olives - it's un-Italian ? Or at least something "un"

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I didn't want to get into this since it really may not matter, but. Nelson is/was the main manager for his family's business at Playero. The family or just Nelson has owned the land that Nelson's Lounge Bistro is on for many years and Nelson owns/manages it. At least this is what my wife was told by either Nelson and/or another Playero friend.

Rather smart being so close to Super Pola and having access to the parking just about across from the street. I wonder if they track what goes on there? lol.

With the HUGE menu selection it also makes sense having your own store that can deliver just about anything you need with a phone call and have it in 3 minutes. No need to buy and store all that inventory on premise and you get the best prices and freshest ingredients without the storage costs and throwing out food gone bad. I would bet that you can custom order just about anything including extra black olives and peppers.

Nice to see that others also like the place.

si225

Dec 26, 2012
Ask them how they source the meat for the hamburgers. I told the owners they should let people know they use filet from their own farms (not mystery meat). Only place I will eat a rare burger in Sosua.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I thought that Nelson was the owner of Playero and NLB and his son Gino was the one that was the manager of NLB,he also manages the family cattle ranch. I eat there regularly and Gino gave me the impression that he was the manager of NLB and his father was the owner.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I thought that Nelson was the owner of Playero and NLB and his son Gino was the one that was the manager of NLB,he also manages the family cattle ranch. I eat there regularly and Gino gave me the impression that he was the manager of NLB and his father was the owner.

Maybe something got lost in the translation from whomever to my wife to me. The connection appears firm from above. Does it really make a difference or matter?

The quality of the place is what should be important.