Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dominican Dominance

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

....and the hardest training I did was in boxing.....harder than military special training......

2. Likes sosuamatt liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i agree with you to a point, cbmitch, but then genetics take over. no amount of training will make an average sprinter into Usain Bolt, nor an average swimmer into Phelps.

many years ago, West Indian cricketers were among the best in the world as far as batting the ball was concerned. a medical professional observed that they possessed that ability because of the way their wrists were made up.
    Agreed. To a point also. My disagreement really had to do with classifying that type of genetics only to a certain island or region of the world. That's all but otherwise, I agree. A slow guy won't be attracted to being a world class sprinter (I hope not lol) but may be inclined to choose a sport that does not require lots of speed. A 5'4" guy won't play center in the NBA (No matter how much he may want to) but may be a guard. Yes, Genetics does have something to do with how good you are at something that fits your genetic predisposition. After all, the East Germans tried to perfect that but ended up creating deformed monstrosities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12