Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't Post my Photo

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It can and does happen in sosua and per capita a lot more often .

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0910 View Post
    No way,no how. I have lived in both places and would never walk anywhere in POP at night and feel very comfortable walking almost anywhere in Sosua at night.
    I will second that - there are few places in POP where you can stroll at night. I like a restaurant there my friend used to work - Skina, the one a couple blocks off Malecon, on the corner with the trees in the outdoor eating area . Anyway great food. But I am afraid to go there at night now because I used to be able to park in front but they placed those god-awful bollards there now and I am forced to park on a side street where its unlighted and last time there I'm certain a couple of shady characters were sizing me up - but an old lady stepped out her house and yelled at them and they must have known each other, or she knew their mother, so they moved on. (Thank God for old ladies)

Sosua - I feel much safer, and I know more people.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I walked around Sosua late at night when I lived there and never had a problem. I started walking home on the Malecon one night towards home in El Pueblito (I know, stupid move) trying to get a motor and got jacked at gun point.
    NO WAY Puerto Plata is safer, and granted it is a lot larger than either Sosua or Cabarete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12