Don't Post my Photo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have only been here 14 years, but so far the word has not gotten out about such an event in Cabarete.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It would not surprise me if at a later date in time it is determined that Señor Bound and Gagged himself was somehow involved in the misdeed.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
Not quite as often as POP

I thought this happened in Cofresi?
Yes in Cofresi and Costambar there where a few things happening the last year/ 2 years, but here in POP I almost never hear about it.
I feel a lot safer in POP at night time than in Sosua.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I feel a lot safer in POP at night time than in Sosua.
No way,no how. I have lived in both places and would never walk anywhere in POP at night and feel very comfortable walking almost anywhere in Sosua at night.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
No way,no how. I have lived in both places and would never walk anywhere in POP at night and feel very comfortable walking almost anywhere in Sosua at night.

I will second that - there are few places in POP where you can stroll at night. I like a restaurant there my friend used to work - Skina, the one a couple blocks off Malecon, on the corner with the trees in the outdoor eating area . Anyway great food. But I am afraid to go there at night now because I used to be able to park in front but they placed those god-awful bollards there now and I am forced to park on a side street where its unlighted and last time there I'm certain a couple of shady characters were sizing me up - but an old lady stepped out her house and yelled at them and they must have known each other, or she knew their mother, so they moved on. (Thank God for old ladies)

Sosua - I feel much safer, and I know more people.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I walked around Sosua late at night when I lived there and never had a problem. I started walking home on the Malecon one night towards home in El Pueblito (I know, stupid move) trying to get a motor and got jacked at gun point.
NO WAY Puerto Plata is safer, and granted it is a lot larger than either Sosua or Cabarete.