Looking for a job (tl;dr included)

Contrast

Nov 13, 2017
I haven't been doing much with my life since I stopped going to college earlier this year, after a while I started feeling somewhat depressed due to my clear lack of productivity, now I think I have a goal in mind I wanna reach and maybe through my endeavors in trying to get there I'll have a better idea of what I really wanna do with my life.

I was looking into call centers, based on a relative's suggestions, there seem to be quite a few of them around in the capital and most of the time the requirements just ask for you to be a citizen and speak good English, so... what do y'all think?

tl;dr - I have zero work experience, should I seek employment at a call center, yes (which one) or no (suggest something else)?

ChelseaRose

Jul 16, 2017
So my friend just posted to her FB page an opportunity at ERC International if you're looking for a call center to work at- they're hiring with a US$2K bonus right now: www.ercbpo.com/careers. Don't know much about you but I would say having a job gives you something to do, and will give you some sort of experience to put on your resume- go for it!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
To the OP Contrast, without being rude, may I ask what country you are from, which languages you speak, and the age demographic that you belong to?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
May I also ask the significance of the terminology "(tl;dr included)"? I am not aware of the meaning of this phrase.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
May I also ask the significance of the terminology "(tl;dr included)"? I am not aware of the meaning of this phrase.
 tl;dr = too long / didn't read
It means "if you couldn't be bothered to read the preceding material because it looked too long (and possibly boring), here is a summary for you". The meaning is quite close to 'executive summary'.

Basically - "  to cut the long story short " . 

Last edited by a moderator:

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
I've worked in call centers in SD and I can honestly tell you, unless you enjoy working 40+ hours a week sometimes taking back to back calls or chats at sometimes less than $3 usd an hour then I say go for it. All those "bonises" are used to get people in the door. They usually break up the bonuses into increments, like the $2000 it'll be in increments of $50 every pay period. Some call centers give you the whole bonus at once, but you have to sign a contract agreeing to stay for the next 3.months or they take that bonus out of your check, now that includes getting fired as well not just quitting. Or they just don't give you one at all. Unless you get some clearance to do some work at home jobs in the DR, call center jobs are the only thing really available to you and also teaching English as well. Most work at home companies based in US or other countries are not too fond of paying a us salary to a person living where the average salary can be less than $200 a month....

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Caonabo;1836097]May I also ask the significance of the terminology "(tl;dr included)"? I am not aware of the meaning of this phrase.[/QUOTE

tl;dr = too long / didn't read
It means "if you couldn't be bothered to read the preceding material because it looked too long (and possibly boring), here is a summary for you". The meaning is quite close to 'executive summary'.

Basically - "  to cut the long story short " . 

Thank you for your time in explaining the definition. I speak several languages, but ADD is not one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I work in the call center industry here in DR.
I can give you some advice. PM me once you
have reached the necessary (I think) 10 posts.