Duplicate Car Key Made and Programmed

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Any recommendations on a locksmith capable of cutting and programming a duplicate car key? Some years ago I went to a little shop in Puerto Plata. Hoping something closer to Sosua/Cabarete. The guy that I went to before wasn't always there, you had to call him and either wait for him to come to the shop if he could or make an appointment. Not sure he's still there.

TIA,

Danny

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Casa de Tornillos y Llaves on the main road in Charimicos. They recently started making keys like that.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Casa de Tornillos y Llaves on the main road in Charimicos. They recently started making keys like that.

Are they still open? Last time I went there (Sept???) they were closed. A guy next door seemed to indicate that they went out of business. I hope that’s not true. The guy there has always provided good service and fair prices.
(I ended up going to Pappateria where they were only able to make 1 of the 3 keys I needed.) 

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Are they still open? Last time I went there (Sept???) they were closed. A guy next door seemed to indicate that they went out of business. I hope that’s not true. The guy there has always provided good service and fair prices.
(I ended up going to Pappateria where they were only able to make 1 of the 3 keys I needed.) 

Yeah I went there twice looking for copies and they were closed both times mid-week.Nut getting immobilizer key or fob cloned and working - that's a big question? First getting an immobilizer unit compatible with your car other than a dealer could be a problem. They can be cloned if you have a 2nd working unit - If you have only one and lose it your up the creek. Also never settle for the cheap immobilizer keys with a small battery - they go dead and will become un-programed.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Casa de tornillos is still in business, but don't go at lunch time, he closes for at least an hour.

He can cut and clone an original key for earlier transponder keys found in Toyotas, Hondas, Fords etc.  If I recall around 3500 pesos.