Flooding again

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Heavy rains causing floods on the streets and water overflow in rivers in the Puerto Plata area

PUERTO PLATA.- The heavy rains registered in the last hours due to a trough that still remains over the country associated with a low pressure system, causing the overflow of rivers, streams and ravines, as well as urban flooding in several sectors of Puerto Plata province.

Since Friday afternoon, there have been heavy downpours that caused flooding of streets and homes in various sectors.

The provincial director of Civil Defense, Whascar García, warned the population that according to weather forecast, in Puerto Plata there will be occurring rainfall of moderate to strong so that citizens should avoid crossing rivers and streams, also take contingency measures in vulnerable places where floods and landslide can occur.

In several reports made by citizens through Facebook and WhatsApp, it is specified that in the Dubocq (Los Callejones) widening floodplains of numerous houses occurred, to the point that people had to raise their furniture.

Other sectors of Puerto Plata where floods occurred, were Las Mercedes, Las Flores and Playa Oeste, where the old street Via Férrea has been destroyed for months with excavation works to place the sewage pipes, but has not yet been paved.

From the tourist municipality of Sosúa, the communicator Wellington De Jesus, reported that the populated neighborhood of Maranatha the sectors Javillas and Callejón de Ramírez the streets were completely flooded making it impassable for citizens who were heading for their work, but opted to stay sheltered in their residences.

Source: Puerto Plata Digital

Nov 19, 2017

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I just drove from Cabarete to Santiago. No new problems noted on the roadways enroute. 

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Keeps everything green, yes does flood the streets but I love tropical rain - it 'tis the season'. Sitting on the porch with a morning cup of coffee and a toasted & buttered English muffin watching the warm rain - can you think of doing anything better (with clothes on)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
today is nice so far. yesterday i had to change my running route because of the accumulated water but today it was much better. coming days look promising as well.