Question About Shipping from Canada to North Coast

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
Hi everyone,

Yes, I have used the search function but not so successfully. Prior to my brother's wedding last month many people from our community donated items to send to the DR. We took 300 pounds of items to donate when we flew there, but now have about that much again - and won't have the luxury of having extra suitcases at New Year's. I've seen people talking about door to door shipment options from the US to DR, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience shipping things from Canada to DR. Any help you could provide would be most appreciated!

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013

Thanks to you too Abuela, we did travel on Westjet last month and were able to take many suitcases. It's been our experience that at Christmastime there simply isn't extra room on the flight to enable humanitarian relief bags. And it would take more than two bags to carry the stuff we have. Every time we go, when it's possible, we take the extra bags, thanks to Westjet!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I second Peralta Brothers used many times . his shipments are done for this yr .. Maximo is great guy .. 

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
I second Peralta Brothers used many times . his shipments are done for this yr .. Maximo is great guy .. 

I've messaged for a quote; and there is no timeline on this stuff so whenever the next loads go! My concern is that we are in Nova Scotia and the website mentions as far east as Montreal. But I'll try not to get too cynical until I at least hear back! haha

Thanks for all the help DR1