Anyone from the US moving to Santo Domingo, DR?

Kiana

Nov 21, 2017
I was born and raised New york, i want to live in Santo Domingo DR, I've lived in DR before and now I want to return because life is hard In N.Y. I personally don't care about living in another state in the U.S.. anyone here like me? I would like to meet new people who are in the same situation as me. 😊

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Please tell us why you dont' care to live in any other state in the US? Personally, I feel you are being very short-sighted.

affald

May 17, 2004
I was born and raised New york, i want to live in Santo Domingo DR, I've lived in DR before and now I want to return because life is hard In N.Y. I personally don't care about living in another state in the U.S.. anyone here like me? I would like to meet new people who are in the same situation as me. [emoji4]
You give no information on what your situation is whatsoever.

affald

May 17, 2004
I was born and raised New york, i want to live in Santo Domingo DR, I've lived in DR before and now I want to return because life is hard In N.Y. I personally don't care about living in another state in the U.S.. anyone here like me? I would like to meet new people who are in the same situation as me. [emoji4]
What situation

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
Well as long as you're financially stable and can support living here, id say go for it. I'm still young and I tried two times to live a stable life in SD and unfortunately it looks like this December I'll be heading back to the states. Had a very good us remote job that decided to change their policy and not allow me to work outside the country. Now, I'm planning a last minute wedding this Friday and it's a very stressful situation. I'd say come to SD for couple months before you make your decision, because what may seem great at first can change real quick. Added, since you stated you lived here before, I am sure you know costs here pile up very quickly and can be just as expensive as the US, but as I don't know your financial situation, I can't really say how comfortable you will be. Good luck

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Bring a Bag full of Money, or a NICE PENSION, and you should be just FINE & will enjoy a nice lifestyle ....

but if you are young and going there to WORK for a Living ?... best of LUCK to you...

Kiana

Nov 21, 2017
I don't care about living in another state in the U.S. because I'm just not interested. I'll visit to see how it is..that's about it. There's a whole world out there

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I was born and raised New york, i want to live in Santo Domingo DR, I've lived in DR before and now I want to return because life is hard In N.Y. I personally don't care about living in another state in the U.S.. anyone here like me? I would like to meet new people who are in the same situation as me. 😊

Nothing wrong with trying something new. Do you have dual citizenship? Do you have job prospects? Will you be living with relatives? I assume that you are bi-lingual? There are many things to consider. Good luck and good travels.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hey ������..im from queens.

I was from upstate NY and lived in the northeast or 38 years. I certainly understand someone not liking living there. I never liked that part of the US. I moved to California and now live in the DR after I retired in 2003. I would, however, never live in Santo Domingo. I do not like even visiting Santo Domingo. Good luck in your move.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I was from upstate NY and lived in the northeast or 38 years. I certainly understand someone not liking living there. I never liked that part of the US. I moved to California and now live in the DR after I retired in 2003. I would, however, never live in Santo Domingo. I do not like even visiting Santo Domingo. Good luck in your move.

San Diego? A beautiful US city indeed. Perfect year round climate. I find it surprising that you did not relocate to the Baja or southern coasts of Mexico instead of the RD.