Database issues

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The database issues affecting the forums since last night have been repaired by Robert 

All should work normally now.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not really fixed. Some post's not showing and not functioning as it was before.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
what was the cause, and what is to prevent it from happening again?

The issue was caused by our MySQL server shutting down, which was actually caused by a quota error on the VPS node its on. When the node was eventually re-booted, all was good.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
The issue was caused by our MySQL server shutting down, which was actually caused by a quota error on the VPS node its on. When the node was eventually re-booted, all was good.

This has been happening once in while, and I was surprised its running on VPS. If i were you, I would move to Dedicated :)

I run many VPS/Ded servers so I speak from experience. Just sayin'

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This has been happening once in while, and I was surprised its running on VPS. If i were you, I would move to Dedicated :)

I run many VPS/Ded servers so I speak from experience. Just sayin'

Was on a dedicated box for 10 years. Moving to a VPS saved some $$$ and we gained in performance.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Was on a dedicated box for 10 years. Moving to a VPS saved some $$$ and we gained in performance.

That is interesting to know, yes Ded can be costy but it is nice about that you are only one on the machine. I run hosting business and I manage to run one VPS only with 512MB Ram on it and using WordPress, works like breeze, flying fast.

If you need help, I can help almost anything. Wish the best ...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
chrome-extension://cjabmdjcfcfdmffimndhafhblfmpjdpe/RedirectPages/SUSPICIOUSREDIRECT.HTML

this popped up y'day on my screen
Proved to be a false alarm .... but nonetheless..it happened.

Any connection to the issues ?