Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matilda goes on tour

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcdmps View Post
    The last book I read was 'Shogun' -- it was 20 - 30 years ago. I read the entire two volumes in one sitting. It was that good.

I will be on vacation in Sosua the first couple weeks in December, so I will seriously consider meeting you and buying your book. It's been a generation since I bought a book, but for you I can make an exception, I hope.
    i read Matilda's first in one sitting, also. it is that good..i can only remember one other book i read all at once..

2. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Break a leg!
    One Dominican at a time please!

4. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that phrase was only for the visual arts ,interesting extension

6. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcdmps View Post
    The last book I read was 'Shogun' -- it was 20 - 30 years ago. I read the entire two volumes in one sitting. It was that good.
    I loved Shogun too. Mine has no Japanese in it, and considerably shorter. Hope to meet you there!

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the review on Amazon.com DRTampa. Talk about pressure! You want not just one more book but 3 more!!

"Lindsay has outdone herself again.
    This is a must read for anyone in any way familiar with the Dominican Republic or any third world culture.
    I certainly hope that there will be a third, fourth and fifth.
    Thank you "Matilda"."

DRTAMPA

www.DR1.com

9. Likes dulce liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly!!

11. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

See you in Sosua. I cannot wait to meet you and Chivi. Yours was the first blog I read about RD and I have been coming back every year!

13. Likes Matilda, dulce, keepcoming liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I will drag myself to Sosua no matter what to finally meet you and of course buy your book!! I put it in my phone! I am very excited, kinda a bday present for me as my B day is the next day!! YAY!

15. Likes Matilda, sosuamatt, dulce, keepcoming liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Just a reminder that the Grand Tour begins this week. I will be in Sosua on Thursday December 7th at Midtown bar & restaurant from 2 pm to 6 pm. I will be having dinner at Taberna El Conde at 7 pm if anyone wants to pop in there. The books, What About Your Saucepans? and Life After My Saucepans are RD$500 each, which is around RD$100 cheaper than Amazon. If you don't want to buy one come and say hi anyway.

On Friday 8th December we will move to Las Terrenas and will be at Dan and Manty's Guesthouse and Hostel from 7pm and then on Saturday 9th, from 5pm we will be at One Love Surfshack.

In January I will tour again, this time to Santo Domingo and Punta Cana.

Life After My Saucepans is about the last 7 years here, focusing on campo living. Luckily it has been well received and so far has 45 five star reviews on Amazon, What About Your Saucepans has over 150 five star reviews. In addition Life After My Saucepans has been voted in the top 10 expat books for 2017! http://www.expatnest.com/top-10-expat-books-2017/

Looking forward to seeing some Dr1ers there!

Matilda

www.DR1.com

17. Likes keepcoming, Abuela, Neargale liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we’ll get to see you in Santo Domingo during that book tour in January.  I own both of your books, and thoroughly enjoyed them.  I’d nominate you for sainthood if I could, Perils of Pauline has nothing on you.  

I think it’s great that Chivirico, your little bodyguard, will be with you, your book fans will be in for a treat when they meet him. He’s a total delight!  

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

19. Likes Matilda liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast