Hebrew National - All BEEF Franks - Pricesmart

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Santiago Pricesmart

For all the 100% beef frank lovers, Pricesmart has a Hebrew National 3 pack.
Each pack has 7 franks (Total 21 Franks) - $599 for the 3 pack

Each of the three packs are 12oz.

Expiration date on the ones I got: 22 Dec 2017

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
The PriceSmart brand of hot dog, Kirkland, is far superior except they’re only sold in Santo Domingo. In Santiago they serve them at the food court but don’t sell them in bulk.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Never had one. We only had Oscar Meyer weiners as a "premium" brand growing up.

Are they worth it?

Sounds like a month of hot dogs at Casa Don...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is NO hot dog in the world better than Hebrew National. I bring in about 8 large packs at a time when I come from the US.

Eat these and you will never look at Oscar Meyer again.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Okay, wife Claribel found some catchup.....

So,

... catchup, freshly chopped onions, two Hebrew National 100% beef dogies and Lumijor fresh white bread.

Absolutely delicious, much better then using typically dry hot dog rolls.

PS:

Claribel also had two hot dogs.
From her reaction I´m guessing the 21 hot dogs will be gone long before the Dec. 22nd expiration date.

PPS:

These hot dogs were much better then the ones Pricesmart sells at the food concession.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Guldon's spicy mustard is the way to go. Also if you can find some sauerkraut.

Jan 9, 2004
The PriceSmart brand of hot dog, Kirkland, is far superior except they’re only sold in Santo Domingo. In Santiago they serve them at the food court but don’t sell them in bulk.

Kirkland is a COSTCO brand. Apparently, they sell to PriceSmart as I have seen other Kirkland products at PriceSmart in Santiago.

As to hot dogs, Hebrew National are excellent, but I still prefer Nathan's all beef, in the premium hot dog class....if such a thing as a premium hot dog class exists.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I used to like Nathan's, and still do. But Hebrew National to me is a step better. But Nathan's are also way better than any brand you could ever find here.

I used to get Nathan's in Pola but I have not seen them for a few years now.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Jokingly, maybe we should combine this thread with the "Bread" thread? :smoke: lol

I may never eat a hot dog bun again after using the Lumijor Blanco bread....

Stepping Out-side-the-box Good with the hot dogs!

27wvpxk.jpg

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The hot dog buns are too thick to enjoy the dog. It is better with a good brand of fresh bread.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Kirkland is a COSTCO brand. Apparently, they sell to PriceSmart as I have seen other Kirkland products at PriceSmart in Santiago.

As to hot dogs, Hebrew National are excellent, but I still prefer Nathan's all beef, in the premium hot dog class....if such a thing as a premium hot dog class exists.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Didn't the founders of PS merge their domestic outlets to Costco some years ago, keeping the non-US stores? So there is a history of cooperstion between them.

I like the Kirkland brands.

Jan 9, 2004
Didn't the founders of PS merge their domestic outlets to Costco some years ago, keeping the non-US stores? So there is a history of cooperstion between them.

I like the Kirkland brands.

Good memory and accurate.

They must have retained a loose fitting agreement regarding certain products as they are not head to head competitors in any markets.

Lots of Kirkland branded products have received high marks for quality and price...their blue jeans come to mind as one.

Down in December and will be bringing a mutual friend to see you....hint....JD.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Kirkland has its own stores in NJ.

Hebrew National are my favorite (sorry CB, never Oscar Mayer in our house), Sabretts and Nathan’s are good too.  We bring our own to DR, along with Sam’s Club Angus Burgers, and Italian cheeses.  

Growing up in Brooklyn and Queens, dad drove us to Coney Island just to get Nathan’s, back when they were not available in any stores. Once he found Hebrew National the quest was over. Never boiled, always grilled.  Any decent sauerkraut in DR?

Jan 9, 2004

Hebrew National are my favorite (sorry CB, never Oscar Mayer in our house), Sabretts and Nathan’s are good too.  We bring our own to DR, along with Sam’s Club Angus Burgers, and Italian cheeses.  

Growing up in Brooklyn and Queens, dad drove us to Coney Island just to get Nathan’s, back when they were not available in any stores. Once he found Hebrew National the quest was over. Never boiled, always grilled.  Any decent sauerkraut in DR?

Same name but a different company altogether from COSTCO and its Kirkland brand.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Eden Organic Sauerkraut is about the best that I have found after a lot of searching. It is in a large jar, I am not positive to where I got it. It was either Pola or Nacional though. It will last you a long time as it is large.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
The hot dog buns are too thick to enjoy the dog. It is better with a good brand of fresh bread.
I carve out the center section of a hot dog bun with a tomato knife to get rid of a lot of excess bread, and make a nice "nest" for the hot dog & fixin's.

Then I use the cut-out bread and extra buns to make croutons for salads.

I'd like to find integral hot dog buns...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

They are excellent. I do find them to be like a hybrid of a hot dog and a kielbasa. They used to have them in Santiago, but for some reason stopped stocking them.