Toronto - Santo Domingo

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Does ANYONE here, and I mean anyone, know the best way to get from Tor-SD?
I've done this multiple times already and each time is a MAJOR headache/nightmare. Scenarios such as direct flight, flight to Punta Cana/taxi, connecting in Miami, Ft. Laud. etc. etc. etc. Flights are expensive and LONG. I am open to any and all suggestions. :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Easiest ??

WestJet to AZS (Samana) and the drive from there ... just over an hour.

I don't know of any direct to SDQ flights.

The AZS flight always ahs SD people on it

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Easiest ??

WestJet to AZS (Samana) and the drive from there ... just over an hour.

I don't know of any direct to SDQ flights.

The AZS flight always ahs SD people on it

Thanks William, I hadn't thought about Samana before. Will check it out now. Air Transat has direct flights to SDQ but only once a week (Sat) at 7:00 am. I live an hour outside Toronto. Do the math. :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am 2 1/2 hrs from YYZ....

And almost the same to SDQ
1 hr to Samana, 1 hr 15 min to POP....

Never easy for me or you it seems.

Transit seems to be your route 

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks William, I hadn't thought about Samana before. Will check it out now. Air Transat has direct flights to SDQ but only once a week (Sat) at 7:00 am. I live an hour outside Toronto. Do the math. :)

How bout you get your lazy butt outta bed early? I live 1.5 hours from my airport, and my flight to SDQ typically departs 6:AM.
Do the math.
maybe no partying the night before is in order.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Airport Samana will be about an hour to Las Americas autopista 
Then into SD proper

Where you are there .... depends
Add 20-30 Minutes if you like

My remark was my Cabrera time to airport...

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Air Canada were suppose to start a direct flight from YYZ to SDQ in December, but I don't see any flights available.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
OK thanks!

If you are not familiar with driving in the DR it will be closer to 1.5 hours to where the Rt 7, Santo Domingo/Samana Highway interesects the auto route to Santo Domingo. From there it is another 15-20 minutes to the city.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Or WestJet to Puerto Plata then bus it. I need to fly to Kamloops BC on Sunday and because I am tired of driving to PP from Jarabacoa when the airport in Santiago is only 45 minutes away I decided to go through the states. Santiago- Miami, Miami to Dallas, Dallas to Vancouver - AA, Vancouver to Kamloops - Air Canada, all in one day.
Return, Kamloops-Vancouver, Vancouver-Seattle, Redeye Seattle-NY, NY to Santiago next day - Delta. $1200 total. Vancouver, Seattle, and Dallas all have really nice airports and good service. Miami and NYC ( JFK) not so much.

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
We're a couple of hours from YYZ & just stay in a hotel by the airport. They will deliver you to the airport. When we used to come down for a couple of weeks the hotel would let you park in their lot. Now that we come down for 3 months it's a bit different. We fly to AZS and stay in Rio San Juan. Can't wait!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I've left a car for a month at YYZ....

Yes, overnite and fly..... free pickup and delivery !!

There is no covered parking offsite at YYZ ... terminal has inside but $$$

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
I always fly into and out of the Punta Cana airport and then just drive to SD. Flights are cheaper and no connections. I would rather spend the extra time driving than have to change planes. A friend of mine does the same thing, but to Puerto Plata airport.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I always fly into and out of the Punta Cana airport and then just drive to SD. Flights are cheaper and no connections. I would rather spend the extra time driving than have to change planes. A friend of mine does the same thing, but to Puerto Plata airport.
Sometimes conecting flights are cheaper, as I like airports maybe i prefer that option hahahaha. Flights from Canada into Santo Domingo worked out last year and this year are returning from Toronto and Montreal, so take advantage of that this winter with Airtransat. Not sure if AC will try to do the same, I hope they do or Westjet.