APOLOGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Just before I leave this site ,I wish to apologise to the female moderators who feel that I have been disrespectful by using the analogy of Brunhilde and the Valkyries in relation to them. I thought the analogy was quite a compliment but I was obviously wrong .
By way of explanation, the story of Brunhilde and the Valkyries is one from Germany and Scandanavia but to people in other countries the version by Wagner in his Ring Cycle is best known . Brunhilde was the daughter of the King,Wotan and therefore a princess and was beautiful and brave . She took with her from Valhalla ,the home of the Gods ,her beautiful warrior maidens and they chose who were to live and who were to die in battle. Then they carried only the bravest who had died back to Valhalla . Brunhilde is the heroine of the three operas of The Ring in which she appears . Of course,I pictured Robert as Wotan,the King, Alta Ego or Matilda as Brunhilde and the other female moderators as the Valkyries. My comment that they would carry me was deleted.
I am so sorry that the moderators did not appreciate that my words were not meant as disrespectful ..I have often written that a moderators life is difficult . I apologise again
Entonces, Adios Kipling 333

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sharing that thought - about a compliment misunderstood....

My friend had a beautiful , raven haired , shapely wife... whom I had never met.
The husband and I were golfing friends... rarely in female company.

At a party, he introduced me to her....
I love beautiful women and have a penchant for nicknames (as is/has been apparent here)

Elvira - popped into my head and immediately came from my mouth.

I thought she was going to slap me....
insulted would be an understatement.

Spun on her spikey heels and went off.

I apologized to him.... graciously accepted
To her.... not so accepted.

I heard him tell her - He means it as a compliment.

It took years for her to forgive me....
but eventually did work out.

I appreciate how you feel Kipling....
Hang in there ,

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The Woman who Played Elvira is/ Was a very Pretty lady..

Same as like Lily Munster , on the Muensters ...Yvonne De Carlo
Absolutely beautiful Model type... also a dancer and Singer .

People get bent out of shape for such trivial stuff ?
Good god . Get a Life people..

Sorry that they are putting you through this torture Kipling 333
You seem like a straight up guy, and you dont even go looking for confrontations..

trying to be witty, should not be taken as being Hostile . that is just Uber PC Garbage ..

The Apology alone should speak for itself.

is there no Forgiveness around here ?

Would really hate to see this FINE FORUM MEMBER leave us ..that would be a shame . and many others will take notice.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Just before I leave this site ,I wish to apologise to the female moderators who feel that I have been disrespectful by using the analogy of Brunhilde and the Valkyries in relation to them. I thought the analogy was quite a compliment but I was obviously wrong .
By way of explanation, the story of Brunhilde and the Valkyries is one from Germany and Scandanavia but to people in other countries the version by Wagner in his Ring Cycle is best known . Brunhilde was the daughter of the King,Wotan and therefore a princess and was beautiful and brave . She took with her from Valhalla ,the home of the Gods ,her beautiful warrior maidens and they chose who were to live and who were to die in battle. Then they carried only the bravest who had died back to Valhalla . Brunhilde is the heroine of the three operas of The Ring in which she appears . Of course,I pictured Robert as Wotan,the King, Alta Ego or Matilda as Brunhilde and the other female moderators as the Valkyries. My comment that they would carry me was deleted.
I am so sorry that the moderators did not appreciate that my words were not meant as disrespectful ..I have often written that a moderators life is difficult . I apologise again
Entonces, Adios Kipling 333

come on, Kipling. please rethink. you are a valuable asset in this site. unlike many people here, you actually have a wealth of knowledge to impart, and we learn something of value from you. we do not always have to agree, but grown people tend to be like that.

hang your coat on that nail over there, and stay awhile..

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...Yes by all means rethink your plan......sometimes the things one says are over the head of some people, maybe use the characters from Homer ....Instead.............Doc........

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I didn't take you seriously.... about leaving.

My post was just to cheer you up - make you feel you weren't alone by committing an innocent Faux Pas
Even tho it wasn't a Faux Pas.

Surely you've suffered worse than this -
Wow - I have
Like when I dunked the father of the bride into the pool....
The party ended fast.... big cut on his head...
He was a Polio victim - just one good leg...fell hard

It couldn't get worse

We became fast friends thereafter... he just died last year... 96 yrs old

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I once asked a women when is the baby due?...she lost it in the company showroom!!! There was no recovery from it..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Had a similar situation when I saw a classmate from high school at a reunion. She was one of the "top" ladies in high school. When she was at the reunion, she was one of the few, that looked good. This is a 10 year reunion, not a 40th. She reminded me of Veronica Hammel from Hill Street Blues, who is anything but unattractive. She did not take it well. But hey, years later we are FB Friends.

acteur_veronica-hamel_18_1141998504.jpg

As for leaving the site, don't do it for that reason.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The important thing is your intentions were good when you used the comparison. I’ve read a lot of your posts and would never describe any of them as demeaning to women. I’ve tripped over my tongue with women many times. Unintentionally of course because what I said was misinterpreted. In today’s world of acute political correctness, I still trip up every now and then. You’ve apologized gracefully for an assumed transgression. I would miss your depth of knowledge, common sense, and wisdom. Hang around for a while longer. To quote your namesake, “Your a better man than I am, Gunga Din.”

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sharing that thought - about a compliment misunderstood....

My friend had a beautiful , raven haired , shapely wife... whom I had never met.
The husband and I were golfing friends... rarely in female company.

At a party, he introduced me to her....
I love beautiful women and have a penchant for nicknames (as is/has been apparent here)

Elvira - popped into my head and immediately came from my mouth.

I thought she was going to slap me....
insulted would be an understatement.

Spun on her spikey heels and went off.

I apologized to him.... graciously accepted
To her.... not so accepted.

I heard him tell her - He means it as a compliment.

It took years for her to forgive me....
but eventually did work out.

I appreciate how you feel Kipling....
Hang in there ,

You think Elvira is attractive. To many women Elvira is an overdone caricature and most women would think she was was ridiculous. Men like her hanging out of her dresses and the ghoulish element.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You think Elvira is attractive. To many women Elvira is an overdone caricature and most women would think she was was ridiculous. Men like her hanging out of her dresses and the ghoulish element.

It is a mistake lots of men would make. Not a big deal. Move on with it. You have lots of good to contribute.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

And your point was? Elvira IS an intentionally overdone character.

There are a few of those on DR1. And they are just fine.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
jd426 just informed me Kipling333 is leaving us for reason I was
completely unaware of. If that be case, I wish ya all the best.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Senor Kipling 333;
Although I am not a Valkyrie, I have truly enjoyed your postings within this forum, and quite frankly, wish that they continue. You have not only been very frank and candid with your postings, but also most informative in relation to the broad spectrum of topics you have addressed. I as well, wish to see you remain. Please reconsider, at least until the time we get to meet on the links or perhaps Bateman's one morning.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." -Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I once asked a women when is the baby due?...she lost it in the company showroom!!! There was no recovery from it..

Me too....

Asked about the baby.........when due ??

she had it 2 weeks before....

Oooops !
She's still fat

Her name was and is Deb Matthews....
Yes , from Ontario...
That's her........

Status
Not open for further replies.