Upholstery Foam in the Bavaro-Higuey area?

Jan 7, 2016
I am looking for suitable foam rubber material for stuffing cushions for a couple of outdoor chairs that my wife made Sunbrella Material covers for. Are there any vendors that anyone know-of in PC-Higuey area that would carry such an animal. Many thanks in advance!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
No idea if they have some but you could try at Merlys Merceria in Plaza el Tronco in Friusa. They sell a lot of different stuff so if they don't carry it they at least might point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There's at least one upholsterer in Veron. I can't remember exactly where but it was recommended by Casa Holanda, so it may be worth asking there.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Before the bridge in Higuey leaving Otra Banda there is a mattress/ furniture maker on the right hand side of the road. It's across the street from the gasoline station. The station was a Shell but it changed to a Total.
I don't recall there name but they sell everything. If the don't have it there they have a fabric store in Higuey as well.
Hope this helps.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Before the bridge in Higuey leaving Otra Banda there is a mattress/ furniture maker on the right hand side of the road. It's across the street from the gasoline station. The station was a Shell but it changed to a Total.
I don't recall there name but they sell everything. If the don't have it there they have a fabric store in Higuey as well.
Hope this helps.

I think they are ( or were) called M&C Colchoneria SRL ...we bought a white "leather" sofa cama from them back in 2012 ...and it's still going strong . The IKEA sofa bed we bought at the same time died years ago . Melphis's directions are spot on , you can't miss them ( assuming that they are still in business) . If my memory serves me well ...they are a small  factory...so you will see all the foam rubber materials you need there . 

Also , there is a small upholstery shop in Veron - after the cruz , turn left at the doble via - and you should see the shop on your left...

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks to all who assisted me with this quest...found the ideal foam material at the M&C Colchoneria SRL in Higuey. It was worth the car trip over there from PC to get it--they were very helpful and easy to deal with. They even cut the foam into the appropriate shape to match my wife's paper template of the cushion covers--no charge! Again, thanks to everyone for their assistance! The cushions look fantastic!