thomson/TUI to scrap flights from the UK to POP

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Apparently it is only fights to/from Manchester which are cancelled. London Gatwick is on going. Uk Dominican Spouses FB page.

"Just had a conversation with Thomson also and they have confirmed from Oct 2018 flights from Manchester ONLY will be no more. Due to unpopular demand. Gatwick etc is still ongoing. They aren’t sure if this will change in the future"

Matilda

Dec 5, 2017
I am in the UK. There are no TUI flights to POP from Manchester or Gatwick after October 2018. I'm gutted as wanted to book for Xmas again next year.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I am in the UK. There are no TUI flights to POP from Manchester or Gatwick after October 2018. I'm gutted as wanted to book for Xmas again next year.

Where did you hear this? Not that I don't believe you but there are different stories being told. I hope it's not true but fear it may be.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Well because most airlines do not release flight schedules that far into the future.

Exactly ten months is a very long time for a charter airline like TUI/Thomson. I'm sure that any announcement like this does not come directly from the horses mouth and is purely speculation. However, rumours like these to tend to have a habit of becoming true. But until the official announcement, that's all it is, a rumour.

Dec 5, 2017
I booked for this Christmas last october. next winter TUI schedules including Punta cana have been on sale in UK for ages. TUI shops have just of discontinued flights from October next year. Puerto Plata is on list. Have also contactex Tui direct and been told tgere are no flights to Puerto Plata from UK after October 2018.