Seizing property from extranjeros

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Wow wonder what’s up? Thought that  foreign ownership with same rights as Dominican was in acted into law...expropriation?
Just like any other country? They do it in Canada for hwys mostly...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wow wonder what’s up? Thought that  foreign ownership with same rights as Dominican was in acted into law...expropriation?
Just like any other country? They do it in Canada for hwys mostly...

It does not sound like it is being done for "eminent domain" reasons as I read the article. Anyone have more information?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It does not sound like it is being done for "eminent domain" reasons as I read the article. Anyone have more information?

i thought this had been addressed and resolved years ago. it was happening, wherein unscrupulous guys were using title scams to fleece expats, but i thought that the authorities had come out swinging..

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
I have a source that lives in Cofresi.....she has lived there for about 7 years, owns her house and was in the real estate business for many years in New York.....according to her this story is exaggerated...she said its green area lots that already belong to the government that are being sold....nothing about villas being taken over....I suggest you read detrasdelrumor site with a bit more critical mind.....

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
So Joan you are saying this could be Fake News? Guess it's a world wide phenomenon.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Someone attempted to do this in my development in Cabarete. They hired a lawyer to try and take over various properties with fake titles. I went to the court hearing and the judge told the lawyer after listening to his story to stop talking, don't say one more word, and get out of the court room, or else.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Someone attempted to do this in my development in Cabarete. They hired a lawyer to try and take over various properties with fake titles. I went to the court hearing and the judge told the lawyer after listening to his story to stop talking, don't say one more word, and get out of the court room, or else.

ROFLMFAO....you should of taped it ;)

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005

i never heard of such a reaction of a judge....hilarious! I love it :) which is your development in Cabarete, if i may ask ? LOL Great to hear that you found justice at court.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It has been previously mentioned that the information source cited, can at times, be relegated to sensationalized tabloid rubbish.