Gated Communities Adm requiring prop owner and renter contracts ?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Some gated communities administrators in the east are now requiring when property owners rent their properties they need to have a copy of the rental contract.

Have gotten in some passionate arguments with administrators over this matter suggesting it is an invasion of private business, too intrusive.

It is a given the administrators need to know who is residing within their area for many reasons. Have suggested to them a letter to informing them of the name(s) of the property owner, property location, the name(s) of the renters, and duration of rental should be adequate.

If administrators need any renter's information, such as to create a residential cedula, they can directly address their need to the renter.

What does the law allow ?

But of course, we all know nobody follows the law, not does government enforce. This is just a matter to be informed when discussions become passionate.

Regards,

PJT

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
This is standard procedure in the States. Don't you want to know who is moving in to your community? Background checks are normal as well.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Yes, need to know who is in community. The rental contract is private business.

"It is a given the administrators need to know who is residing within their area for many reasons. Have suggested to them a letter to informing them of the name(s) of the property owner, property location, the name(s) of the renters, and duration of rental should be adequate."

Regards,

PJT

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Does your community association have bylaws? They may have been patterned after the boiler plate bylaws condo associations must use. Article #41 requires rental contract copies be given to the administrator. The bylaws can be found on Guzman's website if you want to read the most recent version.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
I don't believe Casa de Campo is set up as a condominium, so Condo Law 5038 would not apply.
I'd venture that there are some community regulations that every owner has to subscribe to, in which case the terms of those regulations would answer the question of what information must be given to the administration about renters.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
I don't believe Casa de Campo is set up as a condominium, so Condo Law 5038 would not apply.
I'd venture that there are some community regulations that every owner has to subscribe to, in which case the terms of those regulations would answer the question of what information must be given to the administration about renters.