New in Punta Cana

Namara

Dec 1, 2017
Hi everyone!

In January i will be in punta cana / bavaro for 2,5 months. My plan is to getting married with my boyfriend here and start a living in bavaro. I wanted to get a residence before i got there but the communication here with the embassy doesn't work very well and i don't trust them.. So i will go to migration in RD and get the information of what i need to get the residence. Then i go back and apply for the residence cause you should do that in your own country.. When i get the residence i can finally stay here to live :)
I don't speak spanish very well yet, i'm trying to take lessons but the dominican spanish is a little different from spain spanish.. so i think i have to learn by going there! If anyone can tell me more about getting the residence, information is more than welcome! Like, is it difficult to get it if you have all the right papers?

Jan 7, 2016
Welcome to the forum. Be aware, Bavaro-Punta Cana is NOT the most economical area to live-in in the D.R. Housing costs here are high, compared to other parts of the Country. You have to have Residency prior to accepting employment here, because, if an employer hires a non-resident, he/she will face high fines and penalties. Conducting an independent business here is near impossible for the same reasons.

Namara

Dec 1, 2017
Hi Tashi Siu,
Thank you! I was talking about living in SD or punta cana with my partner. We agreed we want to live in Punta Cana. We are busy with getting me a residence (it sucks the embassy here is not really helpfull) that's why i have to go there on a tourist visa first.. then get married and get information about the residence for family reunion and then get back with my married papers and apply i think.. Before i go there i want to have my papers ready (birth certificate, papers of good behaviour, medical report, sollicitationletter for the residence, applicationform for the residence, photo) for if i get back for the apply