Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need a voodoo doll.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sosuamatt View Post
    Please stick with science. It has always proven to be the only thing that works forever.The other stuff is just to make someone some money.

I do agree, always have.  But then I’ve seen some things science can’t explain, so I have a healthy skepticism and don’t dismiss anything entirely.  

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

2. Likes beachcomber liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Truly from direct experience, regardless of the nation involved, it is never a sound decision to ridicule or mock another culture's long-standing beliefs, even if held by only a minority percentage of that population, especially when there is a lack of awareness or experience to the particular subject matter. Even more so, if you happen to be residing within that foreign nation. As to the original posting, this is not a topic that I would suggest mentioning in mixed company within the RD, and especially not over the Haitian border. Directly to the original poster, do yourself a good and proper service, and find a different therapist.

4. Likes Africaida, Bronxboy, beachcomber liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I do agree, always have.  But then I’ve seen some things science can’t explain, so I have a healthy skepticism and don’t dismiss anything entirely.  
    Please provide some examples of what you have personally seen with your own eyes that science cannot explain.

6. Likes wuarhat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Truly from direct experience, regardless of the nation involved, it is never a sound decision to ridicule or mock another culture's long-standing beliefs, even if held by only a minority percentage of that population, especially when there is a lack of awareness or experience to the particular subject matter. Even more so, if you happen to be residing within that foreign nation. As to the original posting, this is not a topic that I would suggest mentioning in mixed company within the RD, and especially not over the Haitian border. Directly to the original poster, do yourself a good and proper service, and find a different therapist.
    You make a good point that making fun of ignorant superstitions can get you into trouble.

I am in less danger on the topic in question since I never intend to cross the Haitian border.
    Some day I might enter the Vatican and "all hell" might break loose.

8. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    I agree!!!!!

The words to this song says it all.

No need to elaborate any more on this subject.

Moderator DR1.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123